Morrowind problems - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind problems - help!

OK the first thing to do is a full CLEAN reinstall of Morrowind - following the instructions to do so in my guide.

Once you've done that, run Morrowind without the patch and see if you get the error.

However, even if you don't, you'll need the new patch because it fixes a great many quest bugs etc. so install the patch but make sure you have nothing running in the background (especially virus scanners etc.) while the patch is installing.

Then if you run the game and you still have errors, it's probably hardware related (your graphics and sound cards being probable suspects).

To check if it's the hardware, go to Audio Properties>Performance and set hardware acceleration to none (slider to far left). Do the same under display properties for your graphics card.

If you can start up MW without errors after doing this, then your hardware is causing the problem. Update the drivers, follow my guide for optimal settings etc (especially for swapfile size).
    My Machine

Comment

Out of curiosity, have you dumped the game completely and reinstalled it? Sometimes if you botch an install or patch install, you just have to start over and install it fresh.

One more thing, if you install it on a drive other than the default, sometimes the patch installation will hose up on you.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I merged the two threads together to keep all the replies in one place. : peace2:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X