2200+ & volcano 7+ problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2200+ & volcano 7+ problem

I just built a new computer and it has a 2200+ thoughbred at the standard 1.8GHz and is being cooled with a volcano 7+ with Arctic Silver III thermal grease. resting temp is 48C and load temps is as high as 56C and havent tried to get it any higher. does anyone have any sugestions on how to lower the temp?

What kind of case cooling are we working with here?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i have a dual fan power sorce right next to it and 2 intake fans one in the front and one on the side blowing at it. the heat sink fan is set an med or 4800 RMP

Comment

the 48C is when the case cover is off. with it on it is around 50

Comment

You don't have any exhaust fans on the rear of the case? I mean besides the PSU.
          My Toys

Comment

no i dont well other then the power suply

Comment

That could be part of the problem. For effective airflow, you need to have both intake and exhaust. Your case is getting over pressurized. While it sounds like you have sufficient intake, it's just sitting there. PSU fans don't normally have enough airflow to be effective as the only exhaust.

As a rule of thumb, if you take the side of the case off the system and get significantly better cooling results, then you don't have an effective airflow working for you.
              My Toys

Comment

the psu temp only changes by 1-2 degrees when the side is off

Comment

If you have fan mounts on the rear of the case (generally below the PSU), try adding fan(s) to them. You might be surprised. ;)
                  My Toys

Comment

A blowhole in the top of the case will work wonders but if you have a spot provided at the back of the case for an exhaust fan put one in there. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

the computer has only been running for 2 or 3 hours now do you think that it could cool down after it "burns in"

Comment

AS3 will take 24-48 to settle into it's job. ;)
                        Also what motherboard are you using and does it read the internal temp diode of the CPU? Also have you had any crashes yet? :?:

Comment

im using Asus A7v333 MB and i dont know what you mean by the internal temp diode off the cpu. the temp monitors i got from Asus with the MB. and yes i have 2 crashes but i think they were just software issues.

Comment

should i just let the computer run for the next couple of days non stop?

Comment

Asus temp readings have always been high sided. When I build a PC I let them run for a few days running looped benchmarks and tests. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X