Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!.... GF3 / V5 5500 probs...

Hi, I am haveing some probs with my Video cards initializeing,
    I have made sure that both of them work but, the cards will not work at the same time....
    Any Help would be appriciated :)

I have 2 video cards a Geforce 3 AGP, and a Voodoo 5 5500
    for some reason for the past month or two I have not been able to get the cards to run both at the same time.....

how do I explain this.....

I have AGP set in bios as the first init display boots up... windows
    I get in the GF3 runs, the V5 is detected.... however it gets a Code 10 error...

I reinstall it ... same thing...

If I uninstall the GF3 and the V5 is already installed the V5 will run but the GF3 does not run....

I have tried practically everything I could think of cept updateing my bios again... which its already up to date...

I have updated the V5 bios to the latest 1.18 *supposedly the latest*

Drivers did not make a difference either....

I have reformated lets see .... approx 15 times since i last tried messing with the V5 again....

the one thing that could be the prob but I have not a clue how to fix it is this...

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
    I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 10 Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4)
    IRQ 10 HPT370 UDMA/ATA100 RAID Controller
    IRQ 10 Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444

IRQ 11 NVIDIA GeForce3
    IRQ 11 Creative SB Live! series(WDM)
    IRQ 11 3dfx Voodoo5

IRQ 12 U.S. Robotics 56K Fax Win
    IRQ 12 Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442

I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF PCI bus
    I/O Port 0x00005000-0x0000FFFF Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM SMBus Controller - 2443

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
    Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF 3dfx Voodoo5

I am guessing the IRQ 11 is the prob... but I cannot change the IRQ's in Device manager or the Memory address ......

Thanks,
    Sir MMPD

Now you may have to try two things here. Either get the sound card off the same IRQ as the video cards or if that don't work stop the video cards sharing the same IRQ. It just may take unistalling the cards and moving them to another PCI slot or thru the BIOS (even your motherboard manual could be of help further there). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hmm yah i tried switching the cards around slots as well that did not work ... same prob....

however i have not tried switching the irq for the sound card :) ty i will try that right now

Comment

Really nothing should share an IRQ with the video especially a sound card. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hmm well I tried changeing the irq's around but cannot seem to get the video cards either seperated or get the Sound card from following the video cards around no matter what i try changeing the stuff in the bios either 4 things end up on irq 10 .... I even tried to make it so it would avoid irq 10 but it went there anyway... any suggestions?

Comment

You could do what I do. I have a 128MB retail RADEON 8500 and a 3dfx Voodoo5-5500 AGP. When I want to play glide games or Quake/Quake2 based games I just swap AGP cards then this way no IRQ's are beibg shared as both cards aren't running at the same time.

It takes about 3 minutes to swap cards so it's not really a problem.

Just a suggestion.:cheers:

Comment

hmm aye, i consider it :)

Comment

oh yah that reminds me,
                i did finnaly get the 2nd card to work. ...
                However I am not entirely sure how.... i think it had something to do with my Geforce 3 when I tried overclocking it last. I turned on the overclocking settings again and turned the speed up a bit the next thing i know my V5 is working.... when i rebooted ... I dunno if thats what did it or what... bit odd..... I did not touch any of the rest of the settings.... but after i rebooted again the card went out so i dunno...

Comment

Working...
                X