MSI KT3 Ultra ARU WARNING!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI KT3 Ultra ARU WARNING!!

After having problems getting a 512 M PC2700 module to run in my KT3 Ultra ARU motherboard, I sent MSI support an e-mail concerning the problem. When they failed to respond, I contacted Mushkin and they were very helpful. After several e-mails and BIOS settings it was found the 512M would not run in my computer. In Mushkin's last e-mail, they wrote the following;

"I am beginning to worry about a few things here, e.g. you are about the 10th customer with the same board that has these issues. It appears as if the MSI board simply cannot handle the load of a 512 MB DIMM but that must be something new since I had the same board and no problems with it running a 512 MB DIMM. However, since then, MSI has somewhat revised the board and added the disclaimer that only 2 slots will support PC2700 and all these things. I am kind of inclined to blame MSI since this is about the only board except for some Soyos that we are having problems with. I just talked to Corsair and they are in the same situation. "

There is a clear problem with the board and MSI chooses to ignore it. As for me, all I can do is warn other people about this problem and look for a replacement board that is not all Bells and Whistles!

:thumbs do :thumbs do :thumbs do

hey thanks bud, i was looking into getting the upcoming MSI KT4 Ultra, but maybe i'll get something else if MSI is having problems with 512Mb DIMMs. i emailed MSI twice for other information about the KT4 Ultra, yet as you, i haven't received any response! sounds like they don't want our business.:thumbs do
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

It's been known to happen before, some Asus motherboards (but they ain't the only ones) are known to have probs with certain types of memory. :(
      <center>:cheers:<center>

Comment

I have the MSI kt3 ultra 2 version 1.0 board and am having no problems with a 512 stick of crucial. Dont know if this helps anyone looking at getting a board or not but thanks for the tip Snead!

Comment

i have msi kt3 ultra and use (1) 512mb stick of samsung 2700ddr in slot one. it works fine but i can't get my fsb over 139. this board was supposed to be great for over clocking. wiggo's been helping me but we have no success. it shows my multiplyer as unlocked but changing it to anything but auto makes it mad.

Comment

I dont have the exact same version board as yours but have you tried to make sure that the Ram is in the proper slot? i.e. dimm 1 vs. dimm 2? Or perhaps a bad stick of ram?

Comment

dimm 1

Comment

Working...
              X