ATI 9700 date ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 9700 date ?

Does anyone know what the release date for the ATI 9700 is ?And when it should start popping up in stores ?
    Thx..
    SPAM Special Ops

From what I can see, around ATI is supposed to be shipping them on 9/19/2002, if not a couple days earlier. You could pre-order on www.ebgames.com

Later

Comment

SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what the release price will end up being :confused:

Comment

around $400 us :D

Comment

Probably just under $1000 Aussie dollars. :(

Comment

:cool: What percentage of people do you think will wait for the GeForce 5 rather than buy the 9700? Will the 5 also run in the $400 USD range?

Comment

I will wait ...i wanna see both go head ti head and see how they comapre to each other before anything happens. I think the nVidia's 5 series will be more expensive...they always are more costly that ATi.
                - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                  drpeterbright[/size]]
                  Will the 5 also run in the 0 USD range?

The usual start off price for the latest video card has been $395 usd approx. Here that usually equates to around $975 aus. :smokin:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cool: I will also probably wait. If lots of people wait, ATI won't have many sales to start with. :(

Comment

I wouldn't buy a Radeon9700 or a GF5 for $400US

Prices usually drop by 10-25% a month or two after the release, I'm not going to run out & buy the first one I see.

I'll wait until I decide I need/want a new video card & then get the best price/performance/deal I can find.

waiting for the "next" thing is a fools game...there's always something better on the horizon.

I suppose that's easy for me to say since the money for my hardware rarely comes from my own pocket :D

Comment

:D Did ATI jump the gun with it's announcement that units would be shipping in 30 days? :o

Comment

nVidia's NV30 will NOT be called GeForce 5 !!!
                          I can't remember the URL, but nVidia publicly announced that the NV30 would not be called "GeForce5" because it does not have the same "GeForce" architecture !!!
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

That's entirely possible too. ;)

Comment

:cool: Just heard the 9700's will be available August 19th. :cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X