Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Getaway"...... better than GTA3????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Getaway"...... better than GTA3????

I read the article about this upcoming game in Game Informer magazine and the screenshots look INCREDIBLE!! They even wore out 4 digital cameras taking pictures of london to use in the game. They have also taken over 3 years to write this game! You can do all the things you can do in GTA3 and MORE! Check this out....the article I read about this same game in another gamer magazine said that they were fortunate enough to test out the beta version! They said they ran in front of a car at a redlight and the man had his side window up....so they broke it out and pulled the man through the window. They then kidnapped the man and took him down an alley and knocked him out with the pistol the player had! That was before they got into a great cop car chase! MWUHAAAAAAAA!!!! This game looks to be one of the best I have seen with the screenshots they have provided. The difference here is that this game is set in London, England and GTA3 was a US city......so us yanks will have to get used to driving on the "Wrong" side of the road! Also this is meant to have a more "movie-like" feel to it than GTA3. I bet this game will be LOADS of fun! Can't wait to try out the demo when it comes out!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Great, but where do i find the screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
      Great, but where do i find the screenshots?
      You can find five pages of them here http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/sc...ts.php?gid=158 you can also search on google and type this in: the getaway screenshots and it will bring up a list of places that have them...check it out!
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

is this game for PS2??? looks like it is there is a game called Mafia that is supposed to come out a year back but it has been delayed for PC

Comment

Yes this is for the ps2....I think ONLY for the Ps2! And no.....mafia is a totally different game.....but it is going to be cool also, just don't know if it will have the graphics this one has....we'll see.......
          Here are my specs:

Comment

Why set it in London of all places? I think I'll pass on this one :)
            My Machine

Comment

Well that is up to you.....but you will be missing out on a great game if it turns out anything near what the screenshots look like. I think the programmers are based in the UK and that is the reason I think the game is based in london but am not sure, but I think it will be a fun thing driving on the wrong side of the road and all!! I live in the US so I don't get to drive on the LEFT side of the road, but I am not going to avoid a game just because it isn't based in my country! Besides I used to drive on the left side in GTA3 and rack up points!! HE! HE!
              Here are my specs:

Comment

Working...
              X