Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8500 Concerns

Hey Everyone.

I just cant win. I hose my system and have to reformat, and then need a new vid card.I finally decide to get a card, and choose the Raedon 8500. I have a fresh install of XP pro, and the latest Catalyst drivers from the ATI site.

Here is my issue. I will be surfing the web (I use Opera as my browser, version 6.04) and will try to scroll down using my little wheel, and the comp just locks up. No way to do anything, except hold in the power button to kill the comp. When XP Boots back up, it tells me there is an error message about a driver redraw error or something to that effect. ( I didnt write down the exact message) But basically windows is telling me to look for a driver update. So, has anyone seen anything like this, or have any ideas?

Thanks for the input!

~Bug

What brand and model of motherboard do ya have? :?:

Comment

I have a Dell PIII running on whatever MB was thrown in there. I believe its just an intel with the 440BX chipset. (its an AGP 1.0 slot, running at 2x) Im not sure about the board much past that....

~Bugman

Comment

:confused:

Well, I just got my first BSOD with Win XP. This time I was playing Spider Solitare and when I won, it had the little fireworks...or at least started to. Then I got a stop error involving the "infinite Loop" in atidvag.dll. Then on reboot, windows told me the card was "unable to complete drawing operation".

I was about to start liking this card too....sigh.

Help please?
        ~Bug

Comment

RDR would possibly be better with this as Radeons are more his speciality and maybe there's something else that can be done other than change to another driver version for it. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Sorry - I don't know if I can help either .... I've had absolutely zero problems running my Radeon8500 on both my intel and AMD systems under WinXP - the Drivers since 6094 have been excellent.

Is you're board a "built by ATi" or a "powered by ATi" board? - some of the 3rd party boards are a little dodgey - it could be a hardware problem

Try the forums at www.Rage3D.com - lots of knowledgable folks there

Comment

Its a "Built by ATI" card.

I saw only one thread over at rage3d, and it said something about it being a known problem with a 2D driver. But that doesnt help me, it just tells me that someone somewhere knows about it. I appreciate your input tho. Thanks again.

~Bug

Comment

E-mail ATI at [email protected]. I hounded them for weeks about GLQuake crashing at start-up and they fixed the problem probably just to get rid of me.
                :bounce:

Comment

Thanks for the idea. Ill give it a try sometime soon.

~Bugman

Comment

Working...
                  X