Normal CPU Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal CPU Temp

My machine is ideling at 42.5C. I'm using the standard HSF/thermal tape that come with the AMD XP 1800. What are normal/safe temps and when should I start getting worried. If my temp goes above 42 ideling does that mean I've done something wrong in attaching the HSF? It looks like its on there flat and secure.

I plan on adding the Volcano 7+ and using Arctic Silver 3 but didn't have it budgeted to do that right now.

That isn't a bad temp...its actually pretty good for a stock cooler with that frag tape. A Volcano 7+ will prolly make you idle at 38 or so...either way you aren't doing bad...nothing to worry about.: peace2:
    - Damien

Comment

What about the Volcano 9?

Comment

The Volcano 9 is ok but IMHO the Volcano 7+ is just better than it. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

While the V9 has an aluminum heatsink with a copper slug, it does manage to come on strong with an adjustable speed 80mm fan that maxes out at about 75CFM. It's what I am using at the moment and it gives me very good results. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

the volcano 7+ beats the volcano 9 !!!!!!!

here's the link:

52deg vs. 60deg
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

The V7+ kicks arse IMO

I'm running my p4 1.6 @ 2.2 at approx 45 degrees and it is as stable as you could ask for. ;)

Comment

:confused: Is one quieter than the other? :confused:

Comment

volcano 7+ = 47db
                  volcano 9 = 48db

this is at max speed
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Tks for the info.

Comment

Not to mention, that due to the Volcano 7+'s design, as you start to limit the CFM (and therefore noise) of the fan, it REALLY begins to out-perform the Volcano 9.

Aluminum simply cannot compete in the business of dissipating heat. It is inferior. We could make heatsinks out of steel or zinc, or concrete, but they wouldn't perform well, and so we don't.

So why is aluminum used? Its cheap, its easy to work with, and it is less dense, so for those who think a GIANT heatsink is necessary (or more effective - both are myths), one can be made with aluminum that doesn't weigh a ton.

Comment

Sup all, does anyone have the Coolermaster heatpipe hhc-001?
                        I have it and my current idle temp is 30-31c @ 20c ambient and 35c at full load. During the day tho it's a different story. My room gets up to like 85f and at that time my cpu at idle is like 38c and 42c at full load. Do you think the Volcano 7+ is better than the Coolermaster Heatpipe HHC-001? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I've got 3 systems ...2 with swiftechs (a MCX462 on a tb1333 @1466 and a MCXC370 on a tb 1200 @ 1333)) and a Glacialtech 2400 on a XP1800+ at 1729 at times.....the glacialtech is one surprise package with a reasonably quiet fan (70mm...39cfm @ 43db)...my temps get to 39c under load at 20c room...reasonable case ventilation.....like I said the Glacialtech Igloo 2400 is a real surprise to me....( the swify's are better but at a much noisier cost)

Comment

Long time no see old friend. I hope that things have been ok with you.
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

My cpu temp is 39 celsius ideling, and i'm using the fan that came with the cpu. In a couple of days i'm going to try my volcano 7+ and se if it runs any cooler. Because when i'm encoding video witch is quite heavy for the cpu the temp raises to about 48-49 celsius, witch is quite high.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X