Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap 19" monitors, need opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap 19" monitors, need opinions please.

I am looking for cheap 19" monitor to replace older 17" VL700 CTX one.

The best possible bang for my bu.. umm euro.

Since I live in Finland and don't have access to every model/maker possible I've listed some models I think I will pick the one from.

Feel free to comment, warn or recommend.

I don't see reason to list the prices - becouse they are so different from say USA ones anyway. But lets just say the prices are very close together between these monitors.

All are 19"

- Viewsonic E95

- Philips 109S

- Samsung syncmaster 957P (new version of 950P,look below)

- Samtron 96P (same tube as samsung syncm. 950P)

- LG 99G

- Hitachi CM714

- Fujitsu-Siemens C993

- HP 92

Andy

What do you mean cheap. You get what you pay. IMO, a good monitor will serve you a good 5 years. Go for the best. Remember, your eyes will thank you down the road :)

Here is what I got a few days ago: http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item.jsp?itemid=8243

VERY CHEAP, lol :) for a 19" sony trinitron :thumb:

Comment

Well, I dont intend to buy cheapest possible. Thats why there is none from those "unknown" manufactors.

What I want to buy is best possible monitor for least amount of money. Don't we all?

All those monitors I've listed have at least picture rated as "good" .

There was a article on local pc magazine and they reviewed "cheaper" models against double as pricey Sony Multiscan G420. Most of the monitors matched the quality of the sony on many areas. Some even were better on things like colorscale.

I am going to use 1280x1024 at 85hz and all those I listed can do that and better. So I don't want to pay for things I don't need. Same goes for other bells and whistles.

Don't get me wrong, I do belive in most cases 600 euros buy you more than 300. But you could also waste that another 300 to something you don't need.

Maybe I have already answered my question myself. Like my friend said: just pick any of them - their all good.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy72
        Well, I dont intend to buy cheapest possible. Thats why there is none from those "unknown" manufactors.

What I want to buy is best possible monitor for least amount of money. Don't we all?

All those monitors I've listed have at least picture rated as "good" .

There was a article on local pc magazine and they reviewed "cheaper" models against double as pricey Sony Multiscan G420. Most of the monitors matched the quality of the sony on many areas. Some even were better on things like colorscale.

I am going to use 1280x1024 at 85hz and all those I listed can do that and better. So I don't want to pay for things I don't need. Same goes for other bells and whistles.

Don't get me wrong, I do belive in most cases 600 euros buy you more than 300. But you could also waste that another 300 to something you don't need.

Maybe I have already answered my question myself. Like my friend said: just pick any of them - their all good.

Andy

:)

What do you think of this:

Comment

If I would be able to buy that monitor for that price I would. But cheapest 19" Sony triniton I can find in Finland is over 600 US$ .. so that brings us down to my original question with "only" 300 dollar models ...

I lived 6 years in Florida so I do know about USA bargains.

Sigh.

But what I miss the most is seeing my favorite tv series the same year they were originally made and not a year after :laugh:

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy72
            If I would be able to buy that monitor for that price I would. But cheapest 19" Sony triniton I can find in Finland is over 600 US$ .. so that brings us down to my original question with "only" 300 dollar models ...

I lived 6 years in Florida so I do know about USA bargains.

Sigh.

But what I miss the most is seeing my favorite tv series the same year they were originally made and not a year after :laugh:

Andy
            It kind of sucks that sonystyle does not allow international orders :( This is a great monitor (A STEAL I SAY! for THAT PRICE).

Hopefully it will serve me well :):cheers:

Comment

Well, can't say I got many replies but in case someone is interested this is what I bought today:

It was cheap (Americans read: very affordable) and picture quality is great!

:thumb:

Andy

Comment

Working...
              X