Which direction is good for HSF's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which direction is good for HSF's?

I know this might sound like a stupid question but which way is more effective for cooling your heat sink? The fan blowing into the heatsink, or sucking out? Thanks.

its acutally not a stupid question, its quite a legitamate one infact.

it really depends on your heatsink, some Alpha heatsinks perform better when the fan is sucking out of the HS, while others perform better when the fan is blowing into the HS, so the only way to know which is better for you HS is to try both ways and monitor the temps
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Thanks for you reply Andy. I originally had the Y.S. Tech fan blowing into my Coolermaster hhc-001 and then changed the direction after I posted this thread. There was only like a 2 degree difference in which the temp was hotter. I think I will change it back to where the fan is blowing into the cpu again. I will do this so when I have my case panel open, I could put a floor fan next to it and probably aid the cooling when my room gets hot since both fans are going to be going in the same direction. Once again, thanks.

Comment

ya see? Basically when you feel so damn hot during the summmer do you perfere to have a fan blown at you or away from you?

Comment

LOL, well said! :p

Comment

Working...
          X