Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else like the Antec 800 series case ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else like the Antec 800 series case ?

All I'm saying is, I WANT AN ANTEC 800 SERIES CASE !!! Then I'll mod it.: peace2:

All I ever see is 1000 series cases being reviewed and modded...Does anyone have an 800 series case that's modded ?
    SPAM Special Ops

e^vol - I've had my Antec plus860 for a week, and I am in agreeance with you that it rules.

All I ever see is 1000 series cases being reviewed and modded
    Ah-Ha! Guess what... those cases are EXACTLY the same exept for their Front Bezel's, and how the floppy drives mount. (The floppies mount inside the top HD cage, and therefore they had to include a second cage for the HD's) Everything else is EXACTLY the same.

So all the mods you have seen, ARE possible on the 800 series. Take a look at what has been done with the 800 line...

These are the same case now, but with the 1000 series front...

This one is actually a 'Chieftec' Case, but has identical internals as well. Pretty neat looking...

Comment

Thanx for the support bud, they do rule. My bro-inlaw has a 600 series, and it's nice, I can't wait until I get my 800 !! (I just don't want that front door! Or the second drive cage for that matter...)
      p.s. how are the 2 stock fans that it comes with ? any good ? at least they're not too loud...
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

The stock fans that come with the case are sleeve bearing, and are meant to be controlled (speed-wise) by the fancy PSU that comes with the case.

I have an air-conditioned house, so I haven't made the PSU speed the fans up to anywhere near full potential, but they are very quiet and what I'd call 'capable'

I am very pleased with this case.

However, without modding, the filter is a joke, but I fixed the gaps easily with some weather-stipping that cost me $1.89 for five times the amount I need. Now if I could only find a small sheet of 1/8" thick foam to replace the filter material with, then it would really be a top notch filter, but until then, its not very good. You'll see what I mean when you get yours.

Comment

so what should i do with the filter ?? open up the "holes" and or just add the 1/8" foam ?
          any other tips would also be very appreciated !!
          also, does anyone know of a baybus that would fit in a 3.5" drive cover ? as i'd like to install one there.
          thanks in advance...
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

so what should i do with the filter ?? open up the "holes" and or just add the 1/8" foam ?
            Well, you might as well just wait until you have it, You'll see what I mean.

also, does anyone know of a baybus that would fit in a 3.5" drive cover ? as i'd like to install one there.
            Yup, that will work great.

Comment

Also, only the plus800 line comes with the filter and the USB/Firewire in front. Which is what I have, the plus860.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                e^vol - I've had my Antec plus860 for a week, and I am in agreeance with you that it rules.

Ah-Ha! Guess what... those cases are EXACTLY the same exept for their Front Bezel's, and how the floppy drives mount. (The floppies mount inside the top HD cage, and therefore they had to include a second cage for the HD's) Everything else is EXACTLY the same.

So all the mods you have seen, ARE possible on the 800 series. Take a look at what has been done with the 800 line...

These are the same case now, but with the 1000 series front...

This one is actually a 'Chieftec' Case, but has identical internals as well. Pretty neat looking...
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2044727218

SWEET CASES!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                  Also, only the plus800 line comes with the filter and the USB/Firewire in front. Which is what I have, the plus860.
                  nope, all of the plus series have them. i just checked the antec site.
                  but that doesn't change my mind, i still want the 800...
                  thanks for all the info...
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

nope, all of the plus series have them. i just checked the antec site.
                    but that doesn't change my mind, i still want the 800...
                    Oops, i meant something different.... Earlier you mentioned (in a diff thread) you were considering the SX800 or the Plus800... Comparing those two, only the Plus800 line has firewire and the filter.

Comment

ok, sorry, my mistake...ya, only the plus series (and now the performance II series) have the filters / front ports.
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

No problemo. We need to see you over in the Beer Garden Mr. E. Lots of great games with built in stimulation of your mind and other body parts. Come by for a visit.

Comment

on my way Dr. Pete...
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I'll be looking for you.

Comment

you'll find me there...
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                              X