21" Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21" Monitor

Looking to upgrade from 19" Viewsonic to 21" for when I don't want to fire up the projector. Any suggestions or links to reviews? :confused:

Well I guess I can add myself to your problem. I have a 19" HP M90. Its a great monitor really it is have had no known problems with it at all. When I upgrade to a 21" I do want to. I was looking forward to buying the cheapest 21" monitor from viewsonic off of newegg for around $400USD. Anyone know of any cheaper but still good?

Comment

:D That's the best price I've seen. My 19' has no problems. I'm trying to figure how to clear enough space to have both. I may use an old printer stand and build it up to the right height.

Comment

Well I got the space but I don't really have the money. I also don't really have a need for a 21. Basically the only reason why I would get a new monitor is for my dad. He has a cheap proview 17". Every like 10-15 minutes one of the color guns will turn off (I think its the blue one) and his screen will turn all green until he slaps it. I guess he could try opening it to fix it. Anyway he said he'll give me like a hundred dollars and get my 19 inch. I don't know if that's such a good idea. Cause I can't exactly bring a 21 inch to a lan party.

Comment

Even the 19" has to be heavy. How do you carry it? I can't imagine hauling a 21" one around. You could have the party at your place.

Comment

Well I don't know how heavy a typical 19" monitor is but mine weighs 55. Its heavy I'll tell you that right now. Like the act of picking it up is the hardest part. Once in the air its like I have the screen against my body and that's it. Then I just place it down in the seat of a car and seat belt it in. Now a 21" should weigh 70 pounds? Forget it. I'll buy a 17 for a lan party monitor.

Comment

Any of your friends using an lcd & find it ok for partying?

Comment

nope we're all CRT. :(

Comment

Even the best LCD's are very blurry for gaming. Completely unacceptable for a competition level FPS game...

My 50 pound 19" has been to 6 lans in the 10 months I've had it.

Comment

ya that's why I don't have an LCD. I mean there are other reasons too such as I jsut can't afford it? Like if I were to get an LCD monitor I would probably have an A/B switch and use my CRT as the gaming monitor and an LCD as the overall computer monitor. My friend told me that you can damage an LCD screen casue it can't handle more then like 30-40FPS.

Comment

Hopefully they will both improve in their gaming capabilities and have a significant price reduction.

Comment

Not Likely.

They are slowly increasing in performance, but I have heard numorous reports that the prices won't be coming down at all anytime soon.

Comment

That's not good news about the prices. Maximum pc has a good article in their August 2002 issue about lcd's. Still not up to crt standards for gaming, but improvent is being made.

Comment

Do they have computer shows in your area? Would you buy used? I attend computer shows once a month in Akron, Ohio. Several times recently, a vendor shows up selling used monitors. I have bought a couple of 21" Compaq monitors for $125 each, out-the-door. They look good and work fine.

Comment

I've heard a lot of good things about the Apple Cinema Display screens.. LCD though, but apparently very good (and VERY expensive). Just need an adapter and it should work fine on PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X