PDA

View Full Version : computer

djdj
12-19-2001, 04:47 PM
Hello, I'm new to the computer geek world. Thats not an insult, thats just what we call it up here in University of Edinburgh. Anyway, how do i connect the UI 895457 server with the 8pd port application to the DS48 drive server, keeping in mind the dual- modem system. This has been bugging me all day and I need help. By the way, this is quite advanced computing and alot of you may not recognise this new equipment. I'd love to hear any helpful direction,

lots of love,

kelvin
head of gay club computing

Andy
12-19-2001, 06:12 PM
djdj, welcome

i have no idea about what all that stuff is, but to my knowledge this post doesn't belong in the case modding forum, so next time, please choose the forum relating to the topic of your question

sound to me like it should go top the modems or networking section

Mr. C
12-19-2001, 07:47 PM
Lost the manual djdj?
Or is it so new they haven't released the third revision yet?

SileNceR
12-19-2001, 09:08 PM
how many office blocks does that machine take up?

MySTiCuSS
12-19-2001, 10:30 PM
MMM I really don't know how to solve the problem! :?:

The Wizard
12-21-2001, 10:14 PM
first off, welcome djdj, second, what the hell are you talking about?? :crazy: :crazy:

Osiris
12-22-2001, 05:57 AM
Hello, I'm new to the computer geek world. Thats not an insult, thats just what we call it up here in University of Edinburgh. Anyway, how do i connect the UI 895457 server with the 8pd port application to the DS48 drive server, keeping in mind the dual- modem system. This has been bugging me all day and I need help. By the way, this is quite advanced computing and alot of you may not recognise this new equipment. I'd love to hear any helpful direction,

lots of love,

kelvin
head of gay club computing

First, you'll have to buy a RJ-887 networking cable, it has to be 5.4 metres long. Then use that to hook up the UI 895457 to the DS48 drive server. Then you'll have to install the dual-modem drivers on both servers - make sure you are running Windows 95 (no service packs), as it is the best Operating System for networking with dual modem systems.

Last thing is to set up the 8pd port application. To do this, you basically cram it up your ass and twist.

The Wizard
12-22-2001, 06:13 AM
:cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle: :cackle:

Onyx
12-22-2001, 07:28 AM
LOL, I think Orisis is spot on! djdj - since you're new to this "geek" club, you are forgiven for trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Osiris
12-22-2001, 02:15 PM
LOL, I think Orisis is spot on! djdj - since you're new to this "geek" club, you are forgiven for trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Nice of you to spell my name right and everything *sniff* :(.

Mr. C
12-22-2001, 02:20 PM
I'm for staying away from any 8pd port application installations, thank you just the same:eek: :eek:

LOL Osisris, I didn't even notice the misspelling (reverse dyslexia maybe on my part):D