I don't believe it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe it...

I was just playing Q3A online, and had the most bizarre thing happen. Unlike most people, I attack the person with the quad, because they pose too much of a danger to be left alone. But this person had a railgun + the quad. He hit me. I survived. With 3 points of health left and no armour, that mega-health really helped me I think ;)

Has anyone had this happen to them before? I just can't believe my luck :confused:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

WTF!!!

****e

you lucky boy

you should have been :snip:
    TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
      WTF!!!

****e

you lucky boy

you should have been :snip:

I know......... that's why I can't believe my luck - must be an

Comment

If the rail shot was a DIRECT hit ie- it hit you in the torso or square on the 'ole noggin then you will be dead for sure. However, if the rail only just 'shaved' you, you could of survived.

By 'shave' i mean *just* hit you. clipped your body if you will.

Another thing to consider is lag. Q3A is 100% server side processing so if the attacker/you had a high ping then the server prolly had a hard time plotting out the course of the rail shot and hence didnt register a 100% damage packet

Very common in Q3A, and also very annoying.

Comment

Must have been, my health was at 185 (just got the mega-health) and armour was 96 or something, got hit, all the armour disappeared and health dwindled to 3 points........ just very lucky I suppose :p

And I was getting <200ms pings (gotta love Optus dialup) :D , dunno about the other guy (quite a few LPB's there as well)

Comment

well u did have quite a bit of health and armer.....

Comment

Good one!
              :D

Comment

hee hee - I bet that other guy is cussin' up a storm
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Depends what part of the body you were hit I guess.

Comment

Does Q3A actually have region-specific damage? I thought it didn't - oh well :confused:

Comment

It sorta does. But like everything ID do- its been done half-assed.

Comment

Working...
                      X