Comment

Comment

Re: Reviewing DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 top efficiency Intel ITX platform

Default settings, CPU voltage is reduced to 1.0875V
        CPUZ at 3184.8MHz, single core used
        Idle mode - 50W

CPUZ at 2786.7MHz, 4 cores used
        Full loading mode-115W

CPU voltage establishes in 1.0875V, there is no much difference on power consumption under idle mode that is because;
        AUTO CPU Vcore is the dynamic control from 0.9V to 1.25 which depends on CPU utilization,
        and at idle mode, it’s real working Vcore will be lower than 1.0875V.
        But we can find out that 1.25V and 1.0875V power consumption are 19W difference at full speed.

Over clocking status
        CPUZ at 3230.2MHz, single core used
        Idle mode - 80W

CPUZ at 3230.2MHz, 4 cores used
        Full loading mode-142W

This power consumption is higher after OC obviously, especially in full-speed operation; power consumption will reach peaking value.
        I have tried OC up to about 3.3.~ 4GHz too, the power consumption reaches 170~185W,
        though PSU of the150W is still strong enough to support, but because temperature has already reached more than 90C degrees. Hence,
        I do not recommend making an extreme OC on ITX platform if there is not built with a high-end cooler.

DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36
        Advantage:
        1. Packaging and color theme of box are looking good
        2. Seldom OC BIOS for ITX platform which provided a range voltage and CPU base clock and setting items are plentiful.
        3. Though BIOS is range limited on BCLK, but its OC ability is quite good enough for the ITX platform.
        4. Digit PWM designed for CPU power source.
        5. Base on the Intel P55 Chipset which increased performance a lot of ITX platform

Shortcoming
        1. Less market agents of DFI, users are not easy to buy the products of DFI
        2. Less ITX Case/PSU that can be matched with ITX boards now.

Performance ★★★★★★★★★★
        Materials ★★★★★★★★★☆
        Specification ★★★★★★★★★☆
        Appearance ★★★★★★★★☆☆
        Cost / Performance ★★★★★★★★★☆

I have contrasted the ITX platform products on the market at the same time too.
        Most of ITX boards are base on Intel Atom series or required Notebook CPU/DRAM additionally.
        Except, performance is not enough as we expected, moreover users need to spend more money to build their own ITX platform.
        Products price is we take notice of most that is what I believed.

DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 market price about 141 U.S. dollars.
        The price is almost similar or even cheaper if we compared with other maker’s ITX products which based on 945, 965,
        AMD or VIA chipset, so C/P is worth getting higher in my review.
        MI P55 ITX board is one of highest performance and worth choice for user who likes to build a ITX PC to use at car or to be a Media -Center at living room.

DFI combines consume design and industrial size again to create new MI product line of LANPARTY series.
        It is really put into a shake and light in consumer market; let most users have chance to build their own machine smaller than Micro-ATX.
        And it equips LANPARTY Genie BIOS and OC style, MI P55 gets rid of the traditional impression that ITX can only be used steadily under the default speed.

DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 market's prices that make people surprised.
        In the past, even an elementary ITX MB which base on a chip group is very old, it was sold to high price.
        For newer ITX industrial specification of G45 chip boards are often about 40000 dollars as well.
        A par price, high-level materials and design of MI P55, really benefit for users who loved small machine a lot and performance required.

There is a little bit regrettable that DFI promoted ATX and MINI-ITX two P55 platforms only, lack Micro-ATX one.

If DFI can promote the edition of H55 again in the future, I believed DFI can make a plentiful and completed for MI product line,
        moreover user gains more opportunities to choice smaller size boards.

Comment

Working...
        X