The new Tualitin Celeron @ 1.4GHz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Tualitin Celeron @ 1.4GHz.

I currently have a 1.2GHz Tualitin Celeron oc'ed to 1.5GHz. The only (and final?) upgrade I can get for my ABIT-ST6RAID looks like the 1.4GHz Tualitin Celeron.

What I want to know is will it overclock to at least a 125MHz fsb?

If not, I'm savings my ducats for the next generation Athlons. Pentium4 Celeron's be damned!!

Have a look around as we here in Australia have been able to get Intel Pentium III (Tualatin Core) 1.40GHz,512K, FC-PGA CPU's here for some time now.
    But I'd save my money till next year and a "Clawhammer" setup.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have a Tualatin Celeron 1G/256k L2 in my admin box at work - I usually run it at 1333 (133FSB) so all the AGP/PCI dividers run at the correct frequency - but it is stable at 1500-1550. Pretty good for a $53US chip :D

I suspect that 1500-1600MHz is probably the limit of the design - I doubt that a 1.4 would OC much higher than the 1.2 you have right now....1750 would likely be a little too much to hope for.

Comment

The biggest problem with the Tualatin Celeron (which btw, if overclocked, is better than a Tualatin-S) is the heat dissipation.

I run mine on a VIA apolloPro133t chipset (nearly as good as the i815) from 1.3 gH to 1.612 gH (124 FSB, 100% stable with a small _under_voltage to lower temps (1.44 v)).

That gets 38~46 C.

I overclocked to 133 FSB, but needed to increase the voltage to 1.58 v to boot windows and run PCMark2002, however it slowed to a pitiful crawl and crash in 3DMark2001SE.

That's with a cpu temp of 54 C!!! Using silver compound on the cpu...

So the voltage would probably have to be even higher, close to 1.60~1.65 but the temp would go ever higher... Tualatins are rated nominal below 45, highly critical over 60. I believe.

Anyone got any further thoughts?

Comment

Working...
        X