Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR Ram or RDRAM for 3D workstation

Hi;

I just want to know, should I buy my new PC with DDR Ram (which is I think 266) or RDRAM (400), I will be using 512 MB of them, what I need is to have a workstation to run 3D App. (SoftImage XSI), both will empty my pocket for a while, so money here is not an issue, I want to know why too, why I should go for DD ot RD, and what about if I want to upgrade later (this is not before a year), I just don't want to waist my money.

one more thing, I will buy a 64 MB Graphic Card, what is your suggestion for 3D App.?

Since you seem to be going into the 3d Animation arena, I would go with the RDRAM memory due to it's greater bandwidth. Of course you will have to have an Intel based system to use this as there is currently no RDRAM support for the AMD line of processors.

As for the animation program, I don't know of any good ones since that is not my area. But in the video card area you might do well with a GeForce4 version. One of there big selling points when they first appeared on the market was there ability to run animation at Toy Story levels at real time. Quite a feat, but you might want to look seriously at some of the 128MB cards.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X