X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pci system management bus?

The threads name is wrong, I mean the
    "Pci system management bus"
    My 98 se does'nt find any driver for this, not on my 98 cd or the driverdisk that came with the mobo. Where can i find this to use with 98se on my asus p4t533-c?

:scream:

I'm an AMD person. So I'm not sure about Intel systems. My friend had an Asus board an A7m266. He had a similar problem with that message where it just kept popping up and couldn't be found. This was on an XP Pro machine though. I think he fixed it by installing one of the Via 4-1's. Do you have a Via chipset?

Comment

PCI SMBUS Controller is something built into the later Intel chipsets as I understand. I have had the exact same problem as you in that Win98 would detect it but not install any drivers.

If you have installed all the drivers from the mobo CD, then you will probably have already installed the intel inf utility, regardless, download it from intel's website and install the latest INF installer. rebooting should get the SMBUS controller installed.

SMBUS drivers stand-alone are non-existent for win98, the smbus standard was developed on the rise of win2k/me and so 98 was never supported, only drivers stand-alone i could find are beta win2k ones, however all OS's after win98 have built-in smbus drivers.

If you have used the same win98 install from a previous mobo (esp an intel-based one) you may have difficulty gettin the smbus controller to take even after installing the inf-installer, only fix i found for it was to re-install the OS and install the inf-installer first. (but thats only when all else fails)

Comment

Working...
      X