Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments please

Hey
    Well, my dad will be buying me a new computer in a couple of months, so I decided to get some opinions on the system
    (Note: This is why I was asking about the AOpen GeForce 4 Ti4200 in This thread)
    • AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    • Gigabyte GA-7DXR+
    • AOpen GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB
    • Corsair 256MB DDR-RAM
    • Creative Audigy Platinum
    • AOpen HQ08
    • LG 17" 700S
    • Thermaltake Volcano 7+
    • SeaGate 80GB 7200rpm Barracuda IV

Still got to work out NIC, CD-RW Drive, Speakers, Keyboard and Mouse, but apart from that I think it looks good
    All up its coming to be around $2100, which isnt too bad. I dont want my dad to have to pay that much money you see (Cause I know if it was someone else buying me a new puter I wouldnt give a **** :P )

Anyway, tell me what you think, where I could improve, why the motherboard/video card/whatever I have chosen is crap, etc
    I apreciate it :afro:

First of all, the 7DX series of boards are not good boards. As i remember the 7DXR is a DDR266 board. This board uses the AMD 761 chipset, and well frankly, is a low performance board. There are much better performing KT266a boards around the same pricerange, and if you can afford to spend a litle extra, KT333. Also corsair ram is very expensive, good no doubt, but if you arent overclocking, then its a waste. If you arent going to OC that system get some good value, yet still reliable ram, like kingston, apacer, crucial, etc etc

Comment

Working...
    X