No announcement yet.

What can be ovrclocked? And how wold I go about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be ovrclocked? And how wold I go about it?

Well it's all in the title. What can be overclocked? And how would I go about it? My system is:

AMD 1900+
    ASUS A7N266-C nVidia nForce DDR mobo
    256 DDR SDRAM
    40gb Western Digital Ultra ATA 7200rpm 2mb cache
    ATI Radeon 8500 128mb AGP
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    Cooler Master DP5-7H53F High-Performance HSF
    Kool Maxx Video Cooling System
    340watt power supply

Now I also want to know if some things are worth overclocking? And what you guys would suggest me to by in the department of cooling... I know I should upgrade the Cooler Master DP5-7H53F High-Performance HSF to a Volcano 7+. And maybe the Kool Maxx Video Cooling System. I am also going to get a couple case fans as well.

I am sorry about all the recent threads it's jut I am really into computers (Software) and I like to learn ALOT about th hardware aspects of it. All help is appreciated.

Thanks again,

PGA1234

You can overclock your system using the FSB in the BIOS though certain jumpers must also be used (see your motherboard manual for more detailed info) and your video card can be overclocked as well (though I'm not sure what program you can use if one didn't come with the card itself). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hey Wiggo, canĀ“t he use powerstrip to OC that vid card?

Comment

I think i can at least I think i read it somewhere lol. Anyway thanks. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Read everything in here that you can pga before you start.

Comment

Rage3D would probably be one of the best places for files and information. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

www.guru3d.comm and www.majorgeeks.com also are good resources for you.

Comment

Working...
              X