No announcement yet.

X58 Extreme 3 and linux... what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58 Extreme 3 and linux... what to expect?

Hello

I've been looking at the X58 Extreme 3 motherboard for my new i7 build and I can't seem to find any information about whether it works well with current linux drivers etc.

I was hoping someone might have some experience with this board running linux to share.

Simply put, will it work?

Can I take advantage of all of the features this board has to offer? Are there any known major problems I should expect? etc etc.

It looks like a great motherboard at a great price, but I want to make sure there won't be any major compatibility issues before I buy it.

Thanks!

Re: X58 Extreme 3 and linux... what to expect?

Originally posted by artephius View Post
    Hello

I've been looking at the X58 Extreme 3 motherboard for my new i7 build and I can't seem to find any information about whether it works well with current linux drivers etc.

I was hoping someone might have some experience with this board running linux to share.

Simply put, will it work?

Can I take advantage of all of the features this board has to offer? Are there any known major problems I should expect? etc etc.

It looks like a great motherboard at a great price, but I want to make sure there won't be any major compatibility issues before I buy it.

Thanks!
    Dear Artephius

I have tested Ubuntu10.04 on X58 Extreme3.
    Under BIOS P1.60, I can install Ubuntu10.04 (2.6.32-21-generic) on ASRock X58 Extreme3 successfully

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

Re: X58 Extreme 3 and linux... what to expect?

hi Sean C, do you have any idea how to get suspend working under Linux (on resume, debug led only shows "24") or how to fix the clock skew (clock is too slow by 10 minutes just after 2 hours of operating)? Thanks alot for your input!

Comment

Working...
      X