• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Recommendations - buying

ok, im just about to hand over my credit details to pc case gear for :

and

any one see any reason why i shouldnt?
    or anything i should get excited about by getting these?
    from the reviews i've read, and what i've heard these are pretty good cases, bit x-ey i guess, but sometimes you need to pay that little bit extra :P

also...does anyone i live in FNQLD, does anyone have any idea of the cost of shipping for a case like that from victoria to the top of QLD?

Comment

Well it's your money and they do look good but I'd imagine that frieght could be fairly dear to there but I'm sure that they'll quote you a figure when ya order. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Can't say what shipping might go for in Oz, but I can say that the case is a good one. It's the same as the Xaser 6000 I tested not too long ago, except with a black finish instead of the silver/grey one. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Also from what i gather the 5000 plus has a steel chassis, but the 6000 is made from aluminium. Anyhow IMO, both those cases are very expensive, they are the same chenming case in a new coat of paint, with a few small features, and a large pricetag. I think i saw the 6000 plus at AusPCMarket for $380 w/ NO PSU. Factoring in the cost of a good PSU you have atleast $500, to add to that shipping costs. I would just get the Antec 1080AMG, its basically the same build, in steel, with a top range PSU (one of the best PSU's available at the moment) and its half the price of the Thermaltake case (after you add the cost of a decent PSU).

Comment

Nice case, but so expensive even in AUSSI Dollars.

Comment

I would just get the Antec 1080AMG, its basically the same build, in steel, with a top range PSU (one of the best PSU's available at the moment) and its half the price of the Thermaltake case (after you add the cost of a decent PSU).
              Plus, Then you Get to mod it on your own and have it how YOU want it, and not how someone else wants it.

Pre-modded cases. :thumbs do

Comment

Yeh half the fun is modding the case on your own. Basically IMO Thermaltake = Waste of money.

Comment

Remember that not everyone has the time, talent and tools necessary to mod a case. While I love the Antec line (it's what I use as my normal system case), the Thermaltake offers good quality and some mods for those who either can't or don't want to mess with the process themselves.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

Yup, there will always be those who go the alienware route and cop out completely. But to each his own. :)

Comment

I've looked at some of the pre-modded cases & wondered if the fan placements had been actually engineered to be effective placements or whether they were going more for looks. An example is the fan placement in the middle of a side window. Doesn't seem to be the best place.

Comment

I apologize for sounding bitter in my last comment. I have become that way over seeing people(dolts) buy that type of items, and then appear to the general public like they are THE worlds foremost computer Guru, when in reality, they can't even tell you what MOBO came with their Alienware, much less somthing complicated like Front Side Bus.

Comment

the reason i dont really want to mod a case totalyon myself is becasue i new to this case thing, i dont have the tools/time to mod a case, and i have no desire to get real creative, i have no problem using someone elses work.

does anyone else have any alternative ideas on a nice looking case?

Comment

Yea, here is one that I thought had a good design.... and its not too pricey...

The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

and

The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

Comment

The only thing that I see that maybe a problem with them is their front air intakes and the position of that side fan. :?:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X