computer specs:
    MB Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
    8Gb DDR3 OCZ 1333mhz
    AMD Phenom II 955 3.2GHz
    Sapphire 5450 1 Gb DDR2
    Pioneer BDR-205BK blueray
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 650w
    Thermaltake element S case 3x 23cms fan

Build this computer last weeck, everything was fine but installing OS Windows 7 64 bits, suddendly shuts down, the power led was on, but fans, cpu fan, HDD, everything went off, the power, reset and bios leds in the motherboards stayed on and pressing the power button nothing happened, so i disconnected de power cable and reconect it and pressing the power button again everything went normal, i didnt liked windows 7 so i decided to install windows xp 64 bit and same thing happened during installation, it went off again, i started over the installation and finished it well. Correctly installed aplications like adobe cs4, office, antivirus, etc, then connect my older 500Gb HDD(1 year used), started up and when windows started the computer again shut it down again whit the leds on even the motherboard leds, no display image like if the computer were off just leds on, again pulled off the power cable and reconnect it, and again goes normal. I checked the temperature in every case, after rebooting and was CPU 50c system 43c today launch adobe premiere cs4 and system hangs, it happended 3 times today,so what it could be and how to fix it

Re: Ga-790fxta-ud5 shuts down by itself and power leds on

First I would boot into bios and choose Load Optimized defaults and press F10 to save and quit. Boot back into bios and manually set your memory timings and voltage as per sticker on memory and any other changes that may be necessary for you like if you are using ACHI or Raid, press F10 to save and exit. Now allow it to boot into windows.

What bios are you running? Check Gigabyte's web site for the latest bios version for your board. Your Cpu may not be fully supported yet and or memory if your not using the most recent bios.

Thats about all i can say for now as I am a Intel guy.. Artdrivers is the local AMD guy he could give you further suggestions as to properly setting up your bios as you may need bump up a couple voltages to support 8gb ram.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I agree, I think you just need to setup your BIOS settings yourself and things will be fixed.

Artdrivers will help you once he sees your thread, he's the AMD Guru here

Comment

Yes I agree also but it helps if we know which AMD Phenom 2 955 your using. They make 3 different ones. (a C2 revision and 2 C3 revision types) This could be the problem if your not using the correct bios for it. To start follow Acebmxer suggestion above. Go into bios Load optimized defaults save and exit. Then go back into bios and set memory voltage. This would depend on the memory part number OCZ makes several different DDR3 1333Mhz modules. I would need the part number to be sure. Thats why I put it in dark red below for reference. After voltage is set save and exit. Next flash to the latest bios update. Download from the url below. Scrol down after you click the url below and pick the f3f bios. If you need any instructions on this let us know. Load optimized defaults after you flash bios. Let us know how that goes.
        GA-790FXTA-UD5 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS
        Code:
        MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
        } Advanced Clock Calibration [Press Enter]
        CPU Clock Ratio [Auto] 2800Mhz
        CPU NorthBridge Freq. [Auto] 2000Mhz
        CPU Host Clock Control [Auto]
        x CPU Frequency(MHz) 200
        PCIE Clock(MHz) [Auto]
        HT Link Width [Auto]
        HT Link Frequency [Auto] 2000Mhz
        Set Memory Clock [Auto]
        x Memory Clock x6.66 1333Mhz
        } DRAM Configuration [Press Enter]
        ******** System Voltage Optimized ********
        System Voltage Control [Auto]
        x SATA3 Chip Voltage Auto
        x CPU PLL Voltage Control Auto
        x DRAM Voltage Control [COLOR="darkred"]+0.1v[/COLOR]
        x DDR VTT Voltage Control Auto
        x NB Voltage Control Auto
        x SB/HT Voltage Control Auto
        x NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control Auto
        x CPU NB VID Control Auto
        x CPU Voltage Control Auto
        Normal CPU Vcore 1.3250V
        Last edited by artdrivers; 05-18-2010, 10:14 PM.
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
        http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
        Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
        Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
        Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
        4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
        (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
        (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
        (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
        Mid size ATX case with show through panel
        2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
        Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
        Logitech G500 USB mouse
        Monitor: CMV937A
        7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
        Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Thanks for your responses, i really appreciate them, sorry if my english is not so good, and please tell me how to configure the memory settings and else, im really trying to undertand whats happening
          The memory part number OCZ is OCZ3G1333LV2G 4 modules 2GB each installed
          The Processor specs are the following

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" id=ctl00_cphBody_tblDetails border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Processor</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow></TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Model</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>955</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>OPN Tray</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>HDZ955FBK4DGM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>OPN PIB</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>HDZ955FBGMBOX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Operating Mode 32 Bit</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Operating Mode 64 Bit</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Revision</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>C3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Core Speed (MHz)</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>3200</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Voltages</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>0.825-1.425V</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Max Temps (C)</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>62</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Wattage</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>125 W</TD></TR><TR id=ctl00_cphBody_Virtualization><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Virtualization</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>L1 Cache Size (KB)</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>128</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>L1 Cache Count</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>L2 Cache Size (KB)</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>512</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>L2 Cache Count</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>L3 Cache Size (KB)</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow></TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>CMOS</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultAlternateTableRow>45 nm SOI</TD></TR><TR><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>Socket</TD><TD class=compareDetailResultTableRow>AM3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Hi jsaishio
            OK I now understand why. That 8 GB of OCZ3G1333LV2G is not designed for your motherboard. That memory is for a Intel I3, I5, and I7 based motherboard. You will want the AMD based memory. Yes when using that much memory it does make a large difference. You will want to call OCZ Tech Support.
            Toll Free: 1 (800) 459-1816
            For A Quicker response Call U.S. Support Line: 1 (408) 733-8400
            Let them know your memory part number. OCZ3G1333LV2G Give them your motherboard number Ga-790fxta-ud5 ,and AMD part number HDZ955FBK4DGM, and they will do a memory exchange for you. When you get the new memory please give us the part number and we can help you manually set it up if needed. Please let us know how that goes.
            Last edited by artdrivers; 05-19-2010, 01:52 PM.
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
            http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
            Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
            Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
            Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
            4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
            (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
            (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
            (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
            Mid size ATX case with show through panel
            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan