win95 graphics crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win95 graphics crash

Okay i recently got a laptop for free:D , but it's an older ibm thinkpad. It's running windows 95 and only has a total of 750mb hard drive and no cdrom only floppy so i won't be able to change it... now my problem is, is that i was trying to clean it up.. get rid of the useless programs that i'm not going to be using anyways.. and i changed the the color from 16 to 24 bit.. after i restarted.. the thing crashes when windows loads.. it works fine until windows starts running.. then the screen doesn't show only some rectangles here and there.. so i think it is a problem with the color.. can someone tell me if this is actually the problem, how can i fix it.. or where i can get windows 95 on diskettes perferably for free.. thanks..

I'm guessing your vid card doesn't handle the 24 bit color well _ might try reinstalling or searching for updated video drivers.

First though, when you boot the notebook - when it begins loading Windows, try hitting F8 and see if you can get it to go into Safe Mode. If you can get it to start in safe mode you can set it back to 16 bit color then restart.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

win 95 ws not the smartest of things and will not hide the 'unavalable' resoutions, just put it in safe mode an change it back.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

YW
          I hope that means you got it working - at least within it's limitations?
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

yep, it's back up and running can't say it's anywhere near as good as my desktop.. but i'm not complaining since it was free and all..:rolleyes:

Comment

lol i was about to cum in here and bag the **** outta u for using 95, but uve got a valid reason so ill just say

Comment

hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                X