Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi guys finally a forum for Overclockers by Aussie Overclockers .

Ok needs some help any and all is appreciated

System Specs

AMD 2000+ ( oc`ed to 1750mhz 140 fsb)
    Gigabyte GA-7VRXP
    Fuji 40 gig 7200 rpm HD
    Gforce 4 Ti4200 ( oc`ed to 270/500 )

On the cpu is the standard heatsink and fan. Can anyone recomend a fan that is the best for AMD and also where i can get it from ( im in South Aussie )

Also anyone who has similar specs on the same mobo and is getting great speeds i would love to hear from you.

Cheers

( Hope i havent missed anything )

Well I'm not up on ya stores there but the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ is a very good HSF at a good price. :thumb:

My No.2 PC uses the same motherboard. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Cheers

Have email supplier for a Thermal Take 7+

Comment

CMCHomer You ought to be able to get that Ti 4200 higher than that. What kind of case cooling do you have? (PS mine runs at 295/630 without any problems)

Comment

At the moment i have just the standard case cooling. I will be doing some modding as soon as i find out more info on installing fans . On my mobo i have only two points to install fans 1 for system and 1 for cpu and they are both taken. What i need to know is can you install a fan from the main power eg : the same plug that plugs into your HDD and cdrom`s etc....

Once i know i can start cuting some holes and adding fans . The Gforce 4 also just has a standard fan so i wil look at a fan for that aswell. Trying to find somewhere in Adelaide that sells Thermal Take 7+ over the counter but so far no one has any :(

So thats my dilema ......

The saga will continue :)

Comment

In fact, you do not want to add auxillary fans anywhere but through the HD connectors. Get fans with the 4 prong connectors. You can burn out the MB by attaching a fan that draws too much juice. Most suppliers (see the home page of Tweaktown for an excellent choice for fans) will alert you to get a four pin adapter if the fan comes with a 3 pin connection but draws too much power for the motherboard. I recommend that you take no chances with it.

Comment

Thanks for the advise. Had a look around in my lunch break but no luck as yet :(

May have to order over the net and wait :(

Comment

Stores never have the good products... and if they do they usually charge an arm and a leg (at least they do here :().

Comment

I agree. Get the best stuff on line.

Comment

Working...
                  X