Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles

Hello,

I have a question about BEMP support. A brief primer to those who are not familiar with BEMP...

BEMP is the equivalent Intel's XMP for AMD systems except in this case the memory settings are stored at AMD. The AMD Dragon platform introduced AMD Overdrive for memory tweaking. This uses what is called Black Edition Memory Profiles (BEMP) to tune your memory by downloading a memory profile from AMD and updating your bios with the new settings. It requires the AMD Overdrive software in combination with a Black Edition CPU, 790/890GX/FX chipset on a motherboard with BIOS support for BEMP and finally specific memory that has a BEMP profile (see specifications tab on the AMD Overdrive page).

My question is does the ASRock 890FX DELUXE3 support BEMP as I am considering this motherboard in the following configuration for my new AMD system.

AMD Gaming System - Black Edition
    CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Black Edition Midi-Tower Case - No PSU, Black
    Asrock 890FX-DELUXE3 Motherboard w/BEMP support
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Hex Core (3.20GHz) Black Edition
    Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 RAM w/AMD Black Edition Memory Profile (BEMP) x 2
    XFX 750W ATX 12V Power Supply Black Edition
    XFX Radeon HD 5970 - 2GB GDDR5 - (725MHz, 4800MHz) Black Edition

Kind Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by rtfmoz; 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM.

Re: AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles

Dear Kevin,
    Sorry for the late reply, due to we need some time to modify and test the new BIOS.

Now, the new BIOS is ready to support BEMP memory, please get the BIOS from following link.
    BEMP BIOS Download link

We have tested the BEMP feature with OCZ BEMP memory (PN: OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK)

Any feedback will be welcome.
    Thanks!

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

Working...
    X