Asrock X58 Supercomputer with i7 980X fails to POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X58 Supercomputer with i7 980X fails to POST

We have X58 Supercomputer we're trying to work with Intel i7 980X. When there is no RAM, it does 3 short beeps, pause, and repeat forever. When we put the RAM in, there is no beep, and nothing on display. We bought 3 memory modules and they all behave the same. We put the memory module on the second slot from the CPU, and it didn't work, so we tried the rest. None of them worked. No POST beep. We thought it's bad CPU and/or MB, so we exchanged them, but the new one also behave the same way; it beeps 3 times, pause, then repeat without RAM and no beep with RAM.

Support site states that the BIOS version for 980X to be P2.4. Is this BIOS version necessary to get through POST and through OS install? Without OS or POST, how do we update the BIOS to P2.7 that does support i7 980X? The old chicken and egg...
    ASRock > Products > X58 SuperComputer > CPU Support List

Does this motherboard support PCI POST code card, and if so, what codes represent what is going on? Is there a list of POST codes?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Asrock X58 Supercomputer with i7 980X fails to POST

Dear Mkim,
    Sorry for the late reply.

Please kindly understand the Intel 980X can supported by X58 SuperComputer since BIOS P2.70.
    So far, the latest BIOS version is P3.10, you can flash your BIOS version to BIOS P3.10 before change the Intel 980x CPU to your system.
    X58 SuperComputer BIOS P3.10 download link

Meanwhile, due to the chipset spec., please insert your memory modules in the white slot first.
    For you, if you have three memory modules, please insert them in the white slot.

Thanks for your support.

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

Working...
    X