new ram stick problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ram stick problem

I was running with 145 fsb on my system moderatley stable but when i installed another 256 ddr 2700 i can hardley get 140. i have messed with timmings voltage and multipliers but with no luck.

system
    kt333 platinum soyo dragon
    2000 xp cooled with volcan 7+
    4400 ti leadtek
    crucial 2 sticks of 256
    435 enermax with lots of circulation

It just maybe that the 2nd stick is not as good as the first one. If you running your memory at +33MHz over the FSB then 145MHz FSB will mean that your memory is running at 178MHz (173MHz@140MHz FSB) which is over the 166MHz that it's rated for and it may pay you better to run the memory at the same speed as the FSB and see how ya go, unless ya are already?. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I changed the timings back to "by speed" and changed from 166 to 133 and now i can get 145 again:D

Comment

Hey wiggins, i was considering unlocking my 2000. what kind of boost would this give me?

Comment

If ya unlocked it and set the multplier to 10 and set the FSB to 166MHz the AGP/PCI divider will kick in and then you can see how much more is possible. ;)

You'll get something in the order of this.
          Oh just a note about the conclusion, it's pretty much believed that the 166FSB Athlons are very close to release now. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X