ASRock SATA-3 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock SATA-3 controller

So I have an ASRock SATA-3 controller, but when I plug in the SATA-3 SSD (Crucial C300) its just stuck on "initializing", ASRock says it has a newer bios on its page, but how do I update the card from version 10 to 34? The file is just a bunch of files, no executable, so booting to a floppy wouldn't help.

How do I update it?

Re: ASRock SATA-3 controller

Hello,

What is the Chipset of your M/B?
    Could you please provide the model name of your M/B?

About your question "how do I update the card from version 10 to 34", it should be the driver version.
    You can see there are two driver version on ASRock website, each driver version has floppy image and SATA3 driver.
    Floppy image is using on OS installation, another one is using under OS.

I have tested the Crucial C300 SSD with ASRock SATA3 card, I didn't see your same issue on Intel P45 chipset M/B like yours.
    Please change another SATA cable then try again.

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I am not actually sure what chipset they are, but I have tested it in 3 different motherboards and with 2 different C300 and all combinations give the same error. Funny enough I get the same thing with the ASUS SATA-3 board. Doesn't help to use a different SATA cable.

Everyone is recommending me to upgrade the bios/firmware of the card and says that the old version 0.0.0.10 just can't handle the C300.

The motherboards are:

EVGA i780
      ASUS P7D55 Premium
      ASRock X58 Deluxe

Comment

Dear!
        I have two ASRock SATA3 card, When I plug in a Card into PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot of DG43GT motherboard, so I can't detect this ASRock SATA3 card.
        If you have been used ASRock SATA3 card, please tell me about name's motherboard can detect ASRock SATA3 card.
        Thanks a lots!

Comment

I have a motherboard with SATA-3 on it and its bios is version 12, not 10, it easily recognizes the drives and works just fine.

Comment

I have to used ASRock SATA3 break-off card. Have you ever work with ASRock SATA3 break-off card, Lord Chaos?

Comment

What is a break off card?

Comment

Dear!
                My break-off card is ASRock SATA 3 card. My motherboard has been integrated Marvell chipset built-in onboard.
                Marvell chipset support PCI Express 2.0 (5GT/s), and SATA3. ASRock has been layouted Marvell chipset the same your motherboard layout this chipset.

Comment

Well, my built in chip is bios version 12, while the card is bios version 10. The "break off" card doesn't load with the C300 SSD, while the SATA-3 motherboard (with the newer chip) does.

Comment

<o:p>Dear!
                    Testing a different power supply with 450 watts or higher is also recommendable.
                    Have you used the break-off card and Marvell chipset built-in on the same motherboard?
                    </o:p>
                    Last edited by dinhtandl; 07-11-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X