AOD790GX/128M - 6core support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOD790GX/128M - 6core support

Does the current 1.70 or 1.80 bios already have the microcode for 6 core support? I tried the beta L1.81 already, and although it supports 6 cores, the bios persay needs some work...

I haven't tried the Thuban with 1.70 or 1.80 bios's yet, don't want to fry anything if there is a conflict...

It would be nice if the 1.70 and above support 6 core...just like the A790GMX/128 1.70 bios does, as stated in this very recent thread...

thanks

Re: AOD790GX/128M - 6core support

The bios versions between boards are unrelated.

The first bios for your board to support the 6-core's was L1.81 - so ,no, 1.70 & 1.80 will not have this support.

Regards,

Comment

You're bang on that I'm not an ASRock employee.

However, I can count...for the AOD790 board:-

1.81 (6 core support added at this point)...

Maybe you can see where I'm going with this...smartass.

At no point in my answer did I suggest that you were attempting to crossflash the board - your original post suggests that you believed that all 1.70 bioses were on an equal footing as far as CPU support goes.
      Last edited by ianfretwell; 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM. Reason: More detail

Comment

and just on the off chance you're struggling with that concept - here it is again for the A790GMH/128 board my original post referenced :-

1.61 (6-core support added here)
        1.70 - would you believe it, still has 6 core support!

If Sean would be so kind as to step in and just confirm my statements, I'd be very grateful...
        Last edited by ianfretwell; 06-25-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You are absolutely correct, I made an assumption that the 1.70 bios for the GMH came out like in December '09, like the AOD board's bios....

I just doublechecked the dates now....

Still lingering that the 1.80 has support, the L1.81 needs some additional work, had all sorts of problems with it...

Thus my question on the bios

I apologise....

laterzzzz..............

Comment

Originally posted by ianfretwell View Post
            and just on the off chance you're struggling with that concept - here it is again for the A790GMH/128 board my original post referenced :-

1.61 (6-core support added here)
            1.70 - would you believe it, still has 6 core support!

If Sean would be so kind as to step in and just confirm my statements, I'd be very grateful...
            Dear All,
            Sorry for the late reply, I suppose my reply has Posed on this thread.
            Looks like I need to do some thing for my system.

You can trust me, I am ASrock TSD.
            I have check the history of AOD790GX/128M, our BIOS team has updated the CPU code for AMD 6-core CPU since BIOS L1.81.
            This BIOS L1.81 will phase into production BIOS P1.90 in the future.

So, if you want to use 6-core CPU on AOD790GX/128M, please download the BIOS L1.81 for this moment, BIOS L1.81 can support it.
            as long as BIOS P1.90 is released, you can upgrade your BIOS to P1.90 as well, BIOS 1.90 also can support AMD 6-core CPU.
            BIOS P1.90 will base on BIOS L1.81 modify.

Thanks for your support!

Best Wishes
            Sean

Comment

Sean,

Thanks....

Saw the 1.90 is now posted in bios section at website. must have been put up late yesterday as it wasn't there when I checked in yesterday morning...

Laterzzzzz................

updateness: this is pretty bad, loaded bios (L1.81 and 1.90, tried both), system will not boot now past first screen, can't use safe mode, the 1.70 dos file doesn't work on my usb flash drive, although the L1.81 beta and the brand new 1.90 flash perfectly with same drive...however, can't boot with either bios right now

basically it rendered my system useless. can't even use the 1090t i just got (it did work a few days back when I tested the beta, but barely, I had to do some radical bios changes to get a boot into windows, reboots would either shutdown or stall even then), let alone my older 965, which should still have worked, unless support was removed?????....this blows a bit...need to get the 1.70 back ASAP

yes, i reset the bios to default.....

again another update: had to go back to the 1.60 dos bios, it was the only one that did not truncate when copied to my USB flash drive using my laptop, all the other dos bios's with 965 code (1.70/1.80)would not take a dos command and execute (even when verifying the truncation in the XP expanded folder, obviously you could see all the characters in XP, but still no execute in dos on the main rig using all characters), go figure, this could be a real problem with the average Joe with mucho less experience....

is there ANYONE else out there in cyber world that is using the AOD790, either the beta L1.81 or the 1.90 that actually can get a 1090T working, even my 965 had the same result with bootage with either of those bios's, rolled past first page, then totally blank screen and absolutely no HD activity at all....using main rig with the 1.70 and the 965 again (the best one so far, IMHO) and all is back to good....looking forelornly at this $300 6 core paperweight for the time being, it was a stretch to afford the CPU, a new MB and DDR3 just isn't in the budget right now
              Last edited by blady feathers; 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X