Amd Xp2000+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd Xp2000+

Ok i have this beast oc`ed to 1750 mhz all from the bios.

Im not one for soldering bits on the cpu so does anyone know what i can expect to reach ?

If i use the windows overclocking tool that came with the mobo it goes to 1800 without a problem.

Only reason i ask is i had a Celeron 1 gig and if i oced it to say 103 FSB windows no longer booted and a system file was corrupted.

I realy dont want to start having to reimage my OS so if anyone knows what i can expect from this baby i would love to hear from you..

Cheers :afro:

There is no soldering required to overclock your XP toy. Check this out for a means to unlock the processor and go even higher.

As to how high you will go, that depends on several factors. The only real way to find out is to play around with it and see how high it will fly. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yup...eventually you will hit your limit and then just tone it down a bit...until you are stable...You can prolly hit 148 FSB which is 1.84 ..a bit higher than a 2200+. That is where my 2000+ is completely stable ...150 FSB (1.88) is good but not too stable.
      - Damien

Comment

Thanks guys :)

1 more thing if i am oc`ing to that extreme what should i change the core voltage to ?
        Do i even have to bother ?

Comment

Again only increase your voltage if you have to. Usually a small voltage increase will give you the stability you need on a certain FSB setting. Some people like WiGGo has his at 150 FSB without a voltage increase. I, on the other hand at 147 i needed nothing yet at 148 a small voltage gave the stability i needed. At 150 i went to bit higher but stability was never good so i decided to stay at 148 and have been there since.
          - Damien

Comment

Now that's not quite right as I have a Gigabyte's 5% increace in voltage due to minor little things happenin' every now and again, but not anymore. :D
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Oh, i'm sorry WiG i always thought you had default voltage settings on your XP.:)
              - Damien

Comment

As a general rule, a decent air-type cooler will have no problems with voltages up to 1.85v, but if you decide to go higher (or mod the mainboard so it CAN go higher), then you should start to look into some extreme cooling techniques like water.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

I second that
                  I pushed my duron to 2.4volts
                  with air it didnt live for but a few weeks

Comment

What is the best water cooling solution? Is there a consensus or is it more case specific?

Comment

I managed to run mine to 1836Mhz but ive had it to 1860Mhz but it seemed to be a bit choppy at this speed
                      im trying to push it further
                      i also altered all the mem timings too which made a Huge differance on performance

MGB Net

==============
                      ABIT KX7 333 w/RAID
                      XP2000 @ 1836 (10.5 x 174)
                      512 Mb 2700 mem
                      2 x 20 Gb HD (fireball AS20 and seagate ??)
                      1 x 60 Gb Maxtor 7200 ATA 133
                      GeForce Ti 4400 @ 290/630
                      Water Cooled
                      Threw away Round ATA leads as Win2k wouldnt load with them
                      Running WinXP and Win2K server
                      ==============

Comment

1800MHz+ is what I've got with them but there's always the odd one out there. :(
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

here

==============
                          ABIT KX7 333 w/RAID
                          XP2000 @ 1836 (10.5 x 174)
                          512 Mb 2700 mem
                          2 x 20 Gb HD (fireball AS20 and seagate ??)
                          1 x 60 Gb Maxtor 7200 ATA 133
                          GeForce Ti 4400 @ 290/630
                          Water Cooled
                          Threw away Round ATA leads as Win2k wouldnt load with them
                          Running WinXP and Win2K server
                          ==============

Comment

Part of your pic got cut off there mgb.

Comment

well i had a xp200 that was rock stable at 1.83ghz 1.9vcore...:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X