Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AND hd5870

Hi

I just goot a new ciomputer with GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H (AMD 890GX) Motherboard and HD5870 FXF graphic card, the problem is the following:
    I switched on the computer and the only thing I get is a black screen the monitor led light is flashing like if computer is in standby
    So Checked connection and all was fine.
    Removed Graphic card from PCIx16 slot and connected monitor to integrated graphic card of the motherboard, results the compuer works.
    Did re-inserted Graphic card in PCIx16 slot and again black screen.
    I did remove the card from PCIx16 and inserted in PCIx8 slot results the graphics card works.
    Installed Windows 7 os but now I have the following problems.
    1 st using this graphics card on a PCIx8 slot is a bit of a wast and second more important the computer if is on for more than 1 hour the screen goes black like if it is in standby.
    Anythiong I can do to resolv the issue.

Thanks for the help

Re: GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AND hd5870

What is the Monitor set to, HDMI or DVI? Check this with your onboard GFX enabled, and set it to the proper way you are connecting the XFX card.

Ohh, I see it works in the X8 slot eh? Hmm, are you disabling the onboard GFX when you try it in the X16 slot? If so you might have a faulty x16 slot and would need to RMA the board.

Comment

Re: GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AND hd5870

Thanks for the quick replay.

Comment

Working...
      X