Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound at all.... Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G

Hi,

I have Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G with XP pro on but I cannot get any sound from it at all.

The device manager shows ok, when I plug jacks in/out it recognises what I did with the little balloon in the corner, the Realtek audio manager shows them...

but SILENCE!!!

you can see from pic the driver and the jacks recognised..

any ideas please?
    Attached Files

Re: No sound at all.... Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G - further info

further information,

If I turn up the master volume to max, all the advanced volumes to max, Windows Media Player volume to max, my speaker vol;ume to max...

I can "just" about hear something.... but its virtually silent, the static hiss (which is virtually non-existant, its a decent creative speaker system) is louder than the music.

Bios is "enabled" for both front and HD audio...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!...

Its supposed to be a media PC under my tv... not much good except for silent movies at the moment!!

Comment

Re: No sound at all.... Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G

If you have a front audio panel connected to the header on the motherboard, then please disconnect this from the motherboard. That way you can be sure this is not causing any interference. Then please test with some working headphones on the output for front speakers on the I/O panel (backside of your system).

Of course check all volume sliders (speaker output, master volume, application volume, etc.)

It can also be a hardware defect.

Comment

Re: No sound at all.... Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G

Hi,

I'm sure I tried that as well, even disabling the front audio in the bios to make sure...

I'll try that again.

J

Comment

Working...
        X