Can´t unlock 4 Cores with N68C-S UCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can´t unlock 4 Cores with N68C-S UCC

Hi guys i just bought a n68c-s ucc board and enabled the ucc funktion in bios. But my AMD 7750 Black Edition Cpu only shows its 2 cores.

I also tried it with a Athlon II X2 ADX250OCK23GQ which also should be supported ( supported cpu list) but it doesn´t work. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Re: Can´t unlock 4 Cores with N68C-S UCC

Not all CPUs are able to unlock there is no gaurantee it will work.

Comment

Dual core CPU's can be:
      1... Originally produced are a CPU with just 2 cores. Then there are no extra cores that you could possibly unlock.
      2... Born as a CPU with 4 cores, but with birth defects. 2 cores have been locked so that it can work stable with the 2 remaining cores. If you are lucky, you might be able to unlock 1 or 2 of those unlocked cores. Whether these cores can work stable or not, and up to which frequency, again depends on sheer luck.
      3... Produces originally as a CPU with 4 cores, but with 2 perfectly fine cores disabled. If the demand for this dual core CPU is high and AMD does not have enough defect quad cores, then they might take a healthy quad core and locked 2 of the cores. If you have one of those CPU's, then you hit the jackpot.

ADX250OCK23GQ is apparently originally produced as a CPU with 2 cores. No additional cores to unlock:
      AMD Athlon II X2 250 CPU Review - Page 1 - Introducing the Athlon II Series

Don't know about AMD 7750 Black Edition.

Comment

Hello, I have the same motherboard and also I can not unlock the fourth core amd athlon x3 435.I start UCC and start Windows, but the 4th core da gone, only unlock the cache, but the fourth core in BIOS is gone.

Image Hosting, Image Share, Upload Images - PicBG.net - Photos, Pictures, Wallpapers, Albums

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7121/picturepf.jpg

my bios is p1.30

Comment

I have a Phenom x3 8250e. When I use UCC it only shows 2 cores in the Bios v1.3 am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by defectcore3 View Post
            Hello, I have the same motherboard and also I can not unlock the fourth core amd athlon x3 435.I start UCC and start Windows, but the 4th core da gone, only unlock the cache, but the fourth core in BIOS is gone.

Image Hosting, Image Share, Upload Images - PicBG.net - Photos, Pictures, Wallpapers, Albums

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7121/picturepf.jpg

my bios is p1.30
            Your CPU Core is called a RANA the RANA core does not have a 4th core.

For more information on unlocking cores on AMD CPUs please visit
            Unlocking Athlon II / Phenom II cores and L3 cache

Comment

none of your listed processors are even in the same FAMILY as ones that WHERE unlock-able
              next time read up on a subject before buying

Comment

Working...
              X