Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock P55 Deluxe

Sean C,

I am considering the purchase of an ASRock P55 Deluxe motherboard but I have the following questions concerning the board.

1. The latest official bios is 2.00 12/28/2009. Does this indicate that bios support has ended for this board?

2. I do not see support for the new i7-875k cpu. Will this cpu be officially supported? Can the board be booted as shipped using a i7-875k cpu and then flashed to the latest bios?

3. I noticed that you posted an L2.09 4/8/2010 beta bios. I downloaded the .zip file but there is no ReadMe file. Can you add a ReadMe documentation file to the download so users will know what changes were made?

4. I was looking for a P55 motherboard that does not disable i7 cpu Tubo Boost or low power C states during overclocking. Does the ASRock P55 Deluxe bios allow you to overclock while still suporting Tubo Boost and low power C states on multiple cores?

5. I would eventually like to use the system in a DAW (digital audio workstation) capacity. For this to succeed the motherboard must pass latency tests using Windows 7 x64. The Thesycon DPC Latency Checker tool can be used to test the latency of a particular motherboard bios combination. The free tool can be downloaded here:

DPC Latency Checker

Would you be willing to run this test for me and report the results?

6. Can you plug a PCIe I/O (non-graphic) card into the 2nd PCIe 2.0 x8 slot?

7. Can you plug a graphic PCIe card into the 2nd PCIe 2.0 x8 slot and leave the first PCIe 2.0 slot empty?

7. Can you plug a graphic PCIe card into the 2nd PCIe 2.0 x8 slot and plug a PCIe I/O card into the first PCIe slot?

thanks,
    Ron

Re: ASRock P55 Deluxe

Q1 = No

Q2 = Yes it will be supported as long as testing is done to make sure its compatible.

Q3 = Cant give an answer for that

Q4 = Yes, turbo still works despite being overclocked.

Q5 = should be fine since its got both optical and coxial connections, if you really want to run a DAW, i suggest getting an external addon pci/pci-e sound card with more features than the onboard sound.

Q6 = Yes, but first graphics card slot will be reduced to x8 lanes.

Q7 = Yes, but why would u do it? :S

Q7/8 = Yes.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Working...
    X