No announcement yet.

I know we've had this thread before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we've had this thread before...

As the title says, i know but I'm finally gonna install one...has anybody got any suggestions for alright firewalls (i know what my sig says:))...tah...btw, didnt' we create this thread on these new forums??
    At the request of wiggo ;)

I use Zone Alarm as it's good, easy to use and best of all it's free for the basic version. ;)

Comment

Norton Personal Firewall 2002
      compltetly *cough* legal *cough* ;)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

SmoothWall works for me ;)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

^^ lol@andy

sygate personal firewall
          TT Original

Comment

hrm, damn...every1's using something different, hehe, if ya were using the same progs it has to be good...hrm, i tried out Tiny's Personal Firewall but it had some issues with another program of mine installed so i had to uninstall it:( it looked alright tho...I'm thinking ZoneAlarm maybe....& i don't wanna use Norton Personal Firewall 2002 Andy, coz u can't get ur FTP workin thru it:p

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
              hrm, damn...every1's using something different, hehe, if ya were using the same progs it has to be good...hrm, i tried out Tiny's Personal Firewall but it had some issues with another program of mine installed so i had to uninstall it:( it looked alright tho...I'm thinking ZoneAlarm maybe....& i don't wanna use Norton Personal Firewall 2002 Andy, coz u can't get ur FTP workin thru it:p
              you are just mean and cruel :p
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Norton firewall is too easily hackable

I use none or Sygate....Ive had nothing but connection probs with ZA, and tiny just didnt live up to its name.
                'Most powerful (secure) Firewall'
                Yeah, right. Where are the options to configure the damm thing?

A hardware firewall is usually best. Youll find the best packages are for Linux

Comment

I installed ZoneAlarm, did netstat -a before and after it was running...it didn't even close any ports...wtf! Ill try Sygate now...

Comment

It doesn't close the ports but put's them into stealth mode so they can't be seen and blocks any access bein' directed to those ports unless ya otherwise say so. ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X