Volcano 7+ Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano 7+ Problems

I recently bought a volcano 7+ for my AMD 1800 ( 1.53Ghz ). I assembled the heat sink ( no thanks to the company that made it, or to there asian instructions ) install it to my mobo and boot up the computer. Everything is going fine, untill i get into windows where my computer crashes. I try a reboot/adding more thermalgel/different fan settings, still it crashes. I pop my original heatsink in, and bam the computer is back to its great performance. I took a look at the heatsink and i noticed that the distance between the copper heatsink and the fan was quite large compared to the 1 in the diagram/my normal heatsink...
    i dont know how to fix this because the screws appear to be in the proper place. If anyone has had this problem please PM me.

Is it possible for you to take a digital picture and post it for us?

Comment

Was the fan running and was it installed the right way round? :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ok, i forgot to mention that im using a standard PS (300watts) that came with my case. the distance between the fan/heatsink is about half a cm, i used the thermal gel which came with my Volcano 7+.

no i cant take a pic cause i dont have a digi camera...i would really like to put this heatsink into use because its so powerfull/well rated...

is it possible that its the cooling gel being used? perhaps i need a more standard one like Artic.....just a thought

Comment

No using that paste wouldn't been that bad (unless ya tried to use the lot) but is the fan blowing into the heatsink or is it sucking out of it? :?:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

its blowing it onto the heatsink...

Comment

did you plug it into the mainboard or the power supply ?
              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

it needs more power than the mainboard can give it...
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

OK if your familiar with the Volcano 7+ wiring you have 1 yellow wire which runs into the fan ( this i plugged into my CFAN ) the other 2 red/black wires run into a splitter out of the splitter i put the yellow wire into my NBFan (this may be wrong but it works :?) the red/black run into the rpm changer and then into the power supply....By the way im running of the MSI KT3 Ultra2.

Comment

taps Do you have a diagram for that?

Comment

for the mobo yes. and for the heatsink yes but its in chinese and has very little power/installation onto the mobo information...should the fan be blowing air onto the heatsink or sucking air out of the heatsink

Comment

Anyone in this forum own a Volcano 7+ with english instructions and a digi cam?

Comment

Select Your Language... Brazil Simplified Chinese Traditional Chinese English

INSTALLATION FOR Volcano 7+ (A1254) for
                          AMD Socket 462 / A & Intel Socket 370

STEP 1
                          Remove the Fan Module from the heat sink unit.

STEP 2
                          Place the clip in the middle of the heat sink unit as shown. Notice the direction of the clip.

STEP 3
                          Secure the Fan Module by tightening all four screws. Two on each side.

STEP 4
                          Apply a thin layer of Thermal Compound on the processor core.

STEP 5
                          Place the Volcano 7+ on the processor. Notice the direction of the heat sink unit.

STEP 6
                          Secure one side of the clip first.

STEP 7
                          On the other side of the clip, use a flat head screwdriver to push down until securely locked.

STEP 8
                          Connect the Yellow Wire Connector (RPM Signal) to the fan_header on your motherboard.

STEP 9
                          Connect the Speed Control Unit to the Power Supply Unit..

Copyright © 2001, 2002. Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
                          "Tt", Thermaltake, ThermalTake are trademarks of Thermaltake Technology Co., Ltd.
                          All other registered trademarks belong to their respective companies..
                          All products are patent pending.

Instructions with pictures are available at www.thermaltake.com

Comment

If there is a gap between the core and the base of the sink, then you either have the sink on backwards (there is a lower area for the high spot on the socket) or you have a defective (or fake) cooler. There are any number of folks out there who will sell you a fake cooler, and with your statement of a Chinese only instruction manual, it makes me wonder. The instructions that I received with that particular cooler were in English as is the Thermaltake website. Look at the picture on this page and tell us whether this is the cooler you have. The only acceptable difference in appearance would be the addition of three-lug clipping mechanism.
                            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                            My Toys

Comment

Btw I just bought Volcano 7+ and install it using artic silver, I thought I can get below 40, but the fact I only got 55 degrees in medium speed and 52 on high speed! I spend money about 60 AUD to only decrease the temp by 3-4 degrees from my original heatsink?

Comment

Working...
                              X