• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock 880g extreme 3 issues

Hey guys

This is my current system spec

asrock 880g extreme mobo

a-ram ice series 1333 mhz 2x2 gb ram(dual channel)

win 7 32 bit..

radeon 5770 gpu

phenomII x2550 BE

silverstone element ST75EF 750w

now few issies...

1)my old computer has the dvd drive with a ribbon connectoe i believe its an ide connector... cant seem tyo be able to use it with my new mobo(extreme3)

2) insta boot doesnt seem to be working for some reason even when i followed the setup instructions and selected fast mode and clicked shut down and waited for it to restart .... but did not restart at all....

3) unlock cpu core thingy.. enabled it thru bios and it just has a blank screen and just stays that way...

can someone please tell me if i am doing anything wrong? or what the correct procedure is with regards to the above issues.....

Re: asrock 880g extreme 3 issues

hello asrock team..... help please.......

Comment

Originally posted by m_ani3 View Post
      Hey guys

This is my current system spec

asrock 880g extreme mobo

a-ram ice series 1333 mhz 2x2 gb ram(dual channel)

win 7 32 bit..

radeon 5770 gpu

phenomII x2550 BE

silverstone element ST75EF 750w

now few issies...

1)my old computer has the dvd drive with a ribbon connectoe i believe its an ide connector... cant seem tyo be able to use it with my new mobo(extreme3)

2) insta boot doesnt seem to be working for some reason even when i followed the setup instructions and selected fast mode and clicked shut down and waited for it to restart .... but did not restart at all....

3) unlock cpu core thingy.. enabled it thru bios and it just has a blank screen and just stays that way...

can someone please tell me if i am doing anything wrong? or what the correct procedure is with regards to the above issues.....
      @m_ani3, I trying to answer you as member forum.
      1) Please check motherboard specification before you purchase, now a day latest motherboard not equiped with IDE either Floppy connection to minimise component part cost that are not really necesarry and needed provide newest feature that are pretty much costly to gain selling price as minimal against many others brand in the similar class.
      2) Instant boot is a software program base that controlled the OS to do hibernation, you are using win7 that are pretty fast to boot (no point to use instant boot if you can boot normally in fast time). You can test builded system in normal start up then do hybernate, then power up from hybernate if can not boot means BIOS setting ACPI (AUTO or S3) that are not fitt with peripheral build of your system (windows 7 design to use S3 if possible to gain better power efficency when idle). Set ACPI only to S1 if possible, then try to repeat Hybernation test as previous. If it pass the Hybernation test then only you can use Instant Boot software as desire.
      3) Blank screen after set ACC to auto means your CPU are not capable to unlock as my experience to unlock Phenom 555 and Sempron 140 for my self and friends many times. Try find info on the net of CPU batch code for Phenom 550/555 no CPU batch code for Sempron (just if you lucky) before purchase from the store. To revert normal start from blank screen just simply reset the BIOS in condition unplug the electrical cord (wait 30 second after unplug) then set BIOS to Load optimum default prior to set as you wish after first normal boot.

Have a nice try and good luck..
      Last edited by djodjon; 07-29-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djodjon View Post
        @m_ani3, I trying to answer you as member forum.
        1) Please check motherboard specification before you purchase, now a day latest motherboard not equiped with IDE either Floppy connection to minimise component part cost that are not really necesarry and needed provide newest feature that are pretty much costly to gain selling price as minimal against many others brand in the similar class.
        2) Instant boot is a software program base that controlled the OS to do hibernation, you are using win7 that are pretty fast to boot (no point to use instant boot if you can boot normally in fast time). You can test builded system in normal start up then do hybernate, then power up from hybernate if can not boot means BIOS setting ACPI (AUTO or S3) that are not fitt with peripheral build of your system (windows 7 design to use S3 if possible to gain better power efficency when idle). Set ACPI only to S1 if possible, then try to repeat Hybernation test as previous. If it pass the Hybernation test then only you can use Instant Boot software as desire.
        3) Blank screen after set ACC to auto means your CPU are not capable to unlock as my experience to unlock Phenom 555 and Sempron 140 for my self and friends many times. Try find info on the net of CPU batch code for Phenom 550/555 no CPU batch code for Sempron (just if you lucky) before purchase from the store. To revert normal start from blank screen just simply reset the BIOS in condition unplug the electrical cord (wait 30 second after unplug) then set BIOS to Load optimum default prior to set as you wish after first normal boot.

Have a nice try and good luck..
        thanks a lot dude that helps me perfectly....thanks a lot...

Comment

Working...
        X