ASRock ALiveNF4G-DVI PCI-E Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock ALiveNF4G-DVI PCI-E Question

So I recently found one of these on sale, arrived today and set it up as normal. Decided to add a PCI-E Card in and to my surprise, I have no video at all. The card is a Geforce 8500 GT, Have tested it on another board and works fine. Have also changed the primary video adapter in the BIOS to PCI-E, ive reseated the video card, also to no avail. I'm not sure what else to try, I don't have an additional PCI-E Card to test with, and getting another is currently not a viable solution. If anyone has some idea's to throw around, be my guest!

Re: ASRock ALiveNF4G-DVI PCI-E Question

Hello Zxenn,

1.Please install your VGA card on ALiveNF4G-DVI then check is the monitor single is output from add-on VGA card or onboard VGA.
    2.Please change another VGA card then try again.

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem with that MB? HELP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Sean C View Post
        Hello Zxenn,

1.Please install your VGA card on ALiveNF4G-DVI then check is the monitor single is output from add-on VGA card or onboard VGA.
        2.Please change another VGA card then try again.

Best Wishes
        Sean

Sean, As stated I installed the card on the board, and there is no output from the card, But there is output via the onboard VGA adapter. As for solution #2, I do not have another PCI-Express Card to install.

Comment

Dear Zxeen and Drdu,

We have did the test without duplicated the same issue like yours.
          I have to please you contact your dealer or distributor for further checking.
          They would kindly help you solve the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Wishes
          Sean

Comment

ASRock ALiveNF4G-DVI PCI-E Issue

Hi ASROCK technical support,

I am the third person posting with the same problem with this board. i think there is really a problem with it.

I have tested 4 different graphics card and it does not display anything even if I set the bios on PCI express display init.

Please retest becauswe I recently bought this board and am unable to use it...as it should be.

Regards

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Sean C View Post
            Dear Zxeen and Drdu,

We have did the test without duplicated the same issue like yours.
            I have to please you contact your dealer or distributor for further checking.
            They would kindly help you solve the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Wishes
            Sean

Comment

I have already contacted the dealer, and my best guess is that this motherboard is not compatible with Vista or 7, let alone my nVidia GeForce 9500 GT video card.

Comment

Working...
              X