No announcement yet.

AMD ASrock m3a770de mem timeings HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ASrock m3a770de mem timeings HELP !

I have a set of "OCZ PC3 10666 DDR3 Gold (PN:OCZ3G1333LV4GK)" memory that im trying to run on a "AMD ASrock m3a770de" motherboard. Trying to run the full 4 gigs just causes the system to blue screen and reboot. However it seems to work running at 2 gig ...but still crashes every now and again. Im guessing its a timeing issue as iv tested it both with memtest and it came up clean with no errors. but have no clue how to set it on this bored.

The RAM voltage is set to 1.65v , Thats one thing i do know how to change on this bored. Its just the timeing that i dont know how to set or to what values. There set on auto. that is running 7-7-7. I know its ment to be 9-9-9.

Athlon 2 x4 620 CPU
    ASrock AM3 m3a770de mainbored
    2 gig OCZ PC3 10666 DDR3 Gold (PN:OCZ3G1333LV4GK) memory
    2 1TB Sata HDD
    ATI Radeon HD 3600
    LG DVD/RW Drive

Any help would be great.

Re: AMD ASrock m3a770de mem timeings HELP !

OCZ website mention for these modules:
    1333MHz DDR3; CL 9-9-9-20(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

On the motherboard you can set the timings in the Memory Configuration menu, here it also shows CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS.
    Please check page 43 of the user manual:
    ASRock > Products > M3A770DE > Manual

Comment

So basically just change cas to 9 , tracd to 9 , trp to 9 and tras to 20. Leave everthing else to auto ?

Comment

Yes, those are the settings.
        Additionally, you can leave the Memory Clock on auto, or set it to DDR3 1333 manually.
        DRAM Voltage at 1.65V, like you already did.
        Everything else at default first.

Maybe OCZ and ASRock support have more suggestions for you.

Comment

Thanks pegasrock , I think you the first person who has actually given me a answer to this and iv posted it everywhere. lol

And as for OCZ and ASRock they where no help. Still it got done in the end :) Now to see if i can get the other stick of 2gb in with out it crashing :)

Comment

Well iv tryed with the second 2gb stick , seemed to work for a time until i tested the system with SiSoftware Sandra stress test. No blue screen it just locked up after about 20 mins and then i had to reboot. but it would not reboot at all then unill i took out the second 2gb stick.

Comment

Maybe (ASRock TSD) Sean will drop by this thread and try to help. Meanwhile you could also test that second stick separately to ensure this module works fine.

Comment

2nd stick came up with no errors when tested. Iv got the 4gb in now and seems to working ok for 2 days. Untill about an hour ago we had a blue screen and rebooted it self and then was fine again. So i guess the timeing still need tweaking.

Comment

Working...
                X