BIOS Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Update

Its always best to be running the best drivers and service packs actually depending on the quality of them. Is it safe to update the bios? Cause I'm actually wanting to do it to my computer for some reason. I have no known problems. Is it true that I shouldn't do it if I have no problems? I was told this. Anyway is it possible that I can actually screw myself over? Or should I just go ahead and do it.

If you check out the webpage for the BIOS update, there should be alist of some sort telling you what sort of enhancements and/or fixes that are incorporated into the new BIOS. If it's something you want, then go for it. Otherwise you'll do fine with the one you have.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

ya it fixes things like improper shut down with win98/ME I dont' have those or fix lock ups when using an ASUS video card. So I guess I"ll be fine.

Also is there a problem with the tweaktown forums? It doesn't show how many people viewed a thread and I don't get the emails telling me someone has replyed to me

Comment

There was a recent software update and these items seem to be a bit forked at the moment. We're looking into them and will have them fixed as soon as possible.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X