Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help changing FSB from 100 to 133

Yet ANOTHER question for my cousin...

He bought a Soyo K333 Dragon Platinum. He installed it all and when he boots up it says the proc is running at 1ghz (he has a 1600+ @1.4ghz). Then it says that there is an error (B.S.O.D. I think). Now in the troubleshooting section of his manual it says to reset the CMOS and "Flash" the bios. Now here's the question "How do you "Flash" the BIOS?

Please help me out here :).

To FLASH the BIOS is to update the main CMOS information. This has to do with the core features and functions of the mainboard.

I hate to sound critical here, but if you don't know WHAT a FLASH is, I would highly recommend that you take the board to a professional or someone with some in depth computer knowledge. Sit back and watch them work so you can learn from them. Though the FLASH process is not difficult, a muffed one can ruin a motherboard (or at least the actual BIOS chip).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Hmmm ok then that sucks...

Comment

I don't know what you are looking at in the manual that suggests flashing the BIOS, but I can't imagine that you need to do that with this mobo. It is new enough to support the cpu and shouldn't need to be updated.
        Clearing the CMOS is as easy as removing power from the machine and moving a jumper, letting it sit for a few minutes, then returning the jumper to it's origional position.
        There is either a jumper, a BIOS setting, or both, that will allow you to set the FSB to 133. That should allow to processor to be properly recognized.
        Try clearing the CMOS and setting the FSB. That may be all you need.

Comment

Working...
        X