Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac address are invalid in both cmos and flash

Re: mac address are invalid in both cmos and flash

Often the easiest way to fix MAC issues is to reflash the BIOS, or update it to the latest, or Clear the CMOS then load optimized settings again.

Comment

thank you very much for the reply to my post.i have tried to look for the update but can't find one and i haven't a clue how to flash the bios or do a reset.can you explain how by any chance..cheers nicko

Comment

You can download your user manual here, it shows you where the Clear CMOS jumper is on page #8, and on page #15 it shows how to clear the CMOS, try that first. You will need to reset everything in your BIOS if you have made changes previously, so write down any settings you think you might need, do not forget your SATA / Disk settings.
        ASRock > Products > K8NF4G-SATA2 > Manual

If that does not help you may need to update the BIOS instead, it might be better to do anyway if you are using a old BIOS. Here is your BIOS page, be sure to read the "How To" Guide before flashing
        ASRock > Products > Motherboard > K8NF4G-SATA2 > Download

ASRock - BIOS Upgrade Instruction

Comment

thank you very much for the replies i will let you know how it goes..cheers nicko

Comment

Hey friend, i recently had the same problem and i'm happy to inform you there is a solution, but it has nothing to do with clearing the BIOS or updating it, actually id advise against that since it will most likely render your motherboard useless if not done properly.
            If you check the FaQ here ASRock > Support > FAQ under question 18/89 you gonna see your problem listed, but again it says to clear the cmos.
            What you need to do though is fill the form here ASRock > Support > Contact Technical Support
            for asrock technical support and they gonna sent you a little tool that you can use to re-program your MAC address, but they fail to mention where to find the correct MAC address. Its on a sticker on the I/O inside the case, should be next to the motherboard serial number. The I/O is where you connect the monitor, USB, sound, microphone etc.
            Good luck and tell us how it goes.
            Last edited by Bleed; 08-22-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

cheers for the reply i will do that now.i tried the jumper on bios but this did nothing and i can't do the update yey because my floppy drive won't work.it shows up on the pc but it won't open a disc or right click to make a boot disc..i will fill the form in now and let you know what happens..cheers for all the replies. very much appreciated

Comment

i have had a reply from as rock i have pasted the reply below
                Dear ASRock Customer,
                Please DO NOT reply to this automatic mail. It is just a confirmation that we have received your email. We will have technical support personnel to contact you soon.
                For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.
                If your dealer can’t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (ASRock > Support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.
                If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.
                Thanks for your email,
                ASRock ...as you can see they were no help at all....this is the second reply i have had and they have never got back to me...can anyone suggest a decent pci modem card and i will try that instead..cheers again for all your replies
                Last edited by whipleg; 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

That is just letting you know they received your email, it's sent out automatically by a computer, then once they have a chance an actual person will reply to your email.

Comment

Hello!
                    I have this problem on my motherboards after Bios uppdate from v1.10 to v2.20, it shows "Mac address are invalid in both CMOS and Flash. Press F1 to resume". What should I do?

The Motherbord is K10N78FullHD-HSLI R3.0.

Have anyone the utillity for change Mac-adress from Dos?

// Levin

Comment

no there is no solution to this problem.i still receive the cmos invalid message but i just installed a new ethernet card so i can use the net.on start up i just have to press f1 to start the pc.i tried all the solutions i could find on the net and none worked

ps i never received an email from as rock only the automated reply.
                      Last edited by whipleg; 02-27-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

there is something you can do to use ur ethernet onboard card just type in ur MAC address into the settings under ur adapter its in the hardware under system settings-im having the same problem but i was able to use my on board ethernet card-i just need to write my MAC address into the command lines under dos BUT i cant figure out how to type them
                        properly

Comment

hi,i recently messed up my bios and simply reflashing or updating the bios wont work.you need a iso file that you need to burn the iso image to cd not a dvd.i will try and send it to you.i dont know if it works for every asrock mobo but it worked for my p67 extreme 6.@ etbwd

Comment

Originally posted by whipleg View Post
                            no there is no solution to this problem.i still receive the cmos invalid message but i just installed a new ethernet card so i can use the net.on start up i just have to press f1 to start the pc.i tried all the solutions i could find on the net and none worked

ps i never received an email from as rock only the automated reply.
                            there is a solution,i got that invalid 1394 guid cmos and bios too and my ethernet was fine.i was sent a rar file with the file in iso form with full instructions on how to install step by step.there should be a sticker near your floppy header and thats the digits that you enter in dos.

Comment

cheers for the reply.i will try that later.i am use to just pressing f1 on start up now.works no probs..will give it ago though.see what happens..cheers again...nicko

Comment

Working...
                              X