Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock X58 Extreme 3 - No AUDIO for normal speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X58 Extreme 3 - No AUDIO for normal speakers.

I loaded Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my new system (Asrock X58 Extreme 3 MB with i7-930 Intel chip.) I put in the Cd which came with the sytem and loaded all drivers. No audio. I'm using a GTX460 video card from EVGA. I was using a dvi cable to my 40" LCD with the input to the tv as HDMI. The only audio I had was through the DVI to HDMI input and the output was through the crappy LCD TV speakers. I have my normal speakers just 2 and a sub plugged into the green connector hole like normal. No audio. I've played with everything, loaded all drivers even loaded the latest off the asrock site and no audio out of the speakers besides selecting the HDMI output. Not sure why the cd came with realtek audio drivers because for all I can tell, the audio is VIA 2020 which I can't find on VIA's website.

I'm now using the mini hdmi to hdmi and can get audio through that (to crappy lcd tv) but not to my speakers out of the green hole.

Newegg has reviews saying several people have had audio problems, am I another?

I'm about to send this back and try again but I just hope it is something simple. What about bios settings? I have no clue about THX whatever and all of the audio settings.

!!! Frusterated big time, any hope?

Re: Asrock X58 Extreme 3 - No AUDIO for normal speakers.

i7 930
    6gb ddr3 triple synced
    win 7 64 bit
    asrockx58 extreme 3

Having Issues with Asrock x58 extreme 3, guessing audio driver files.
    I am Experiencing similar problems to many, as I have been googling for days, and trying for days to solve the issue, I think I am on to something.

Problem is Gameplay slows, in bf2 bad company( sound is good), Wow plays fine. also sound is jumpy while playing music from the HDD, cd's in blueray drive play fine.

Eventually I noticed jumping while watching dvd.

Hard drive has recurring spikes viewing graph in system monitor

I've tried 2 different graphics cards and issue is same, surprisingly, immediately after trying a new gpu I could play saved audio and play bad company, the issue was resolved, I restarted the PC and it was issues again.

Gpu's work fine in other pc.

Thing is I noticed THX audio drivers on Asrock website, that I cannot find on the cd that came with the mobo, I dowloaded the file but do not know how to install the file as it is zipped and includes many setup files, guessing for various os versions,

anyhow after trying a few, I managed to get one to install, ding my audio worked fine playing an mp3 from hdd. But thx interface said sc not supported. I couldn't test the game cause I already reformatted and haven't re-installed the game yet.

Silly me uninstalled the thx thing cause I could'nt use the interface, now I don't know what set-up file to use.
    one installed and I restarted pc, but I can't see it still no working.
    P.S. Asrock question, why would it say I have no bios to flash?

Hope I helped someone, will get issue solved tommorrow, Taking PC to pro, back later

Comment

any luck with this? Sounds similar to the issue I had.

Sorry to bump from so long ago but I hate not having audio and no luck in my thread.

Comment

Hi,

Not the best device or drivers it seems,

My issue was resolved by uninstalling all drivers THX and VIA then and restart. Make sure no drivers are installed in device manager.

Install the via high definition drivers only, pretty sure windows has install new drivers now too file version 6.1.7600.16385(win7_rtm.090713-1255).
        Make sure onboard audio is enabled in bios.

Make sure it is plugged into correct output on rear :)
        let me know how you go.

Comment

I tried what you said and removed the drivers from device manager then reinstalled, with and without the THX software. This may sound strange but I distinctly remember having the Realtek HD audio manager software on my old install. I know that the X58 extreme 3 has VIA audio onboard but I swear I remember having it and it popping up every time I plugged or unplugged something.

Am I crazy? I lost my MB cd so I can't look on there and ASRock is responding very vaguely and taking forever to do so.

I think if I can track down the CD that came with it I might get somewhere but I'm pretty sure I tossed it a few weeks ago(it was apparently inside my GC box.) Don't suppose you could burn me a copy or upload it somewhere for me?

Comment

Dear all,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
            1. Please check that is there any “?” or “!” in the Windows device manager?
            If yes, please download the audio driver from below link and install it to try.
            Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > X58 Extreme3 > Download
            2. Load BIOS default and make sure the [Onboard audio] is enabled in the BIOS.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD

Comment

Working...
            X