am I lucky or what?! (cracked Duron)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I lucky or what?! (cracked Duron)

Check the pic and tell me if you would expect this Duron to work..... because i did not. I took my box to another city (to a LAN party in Paysandú, a city 360 Km away) and it got beaten in the bus trip, I didn´t take off the HSF so when i get there I take off the HSF to find my trusty Spitfire cracked....... *snif snif* :cry:....
    Well, i got nothing to lose so i reattached it and CAREFULLY put the HSF again... voilá! it works, and perfectly, if you ask me... i let it run Prime95 Torture test for 24 Hrs straight (OCed to 7.5*133) and it has no flaws at all so..... am I lucky or what!!!! :devil: :smokin: : peace: :flames: :bounce: :lips:

JEJJEJEJEJJEEJJEJE

lol I guess you are lucky. Either that or the whole thing with cracking cores is no big deal? That doesn't mean I'm gonna go cracking cores just for hell of it. I mean then again look at that one dude who drilled a hole through his AthlonXP for better cooling. :D

Comment

Lucky the crack is in a noncritical area there Mr. T.

Comment

Well doctor, the oher day i saw an article in hardOCP (i think) and they had a pic of a Duron that refuses to boot and it has only a tiny bit of a corner broken, so I got really scared when i saw mine... Now, tell me, which area can be considered as critical?

Comment

I thought it was the whole core? :?:

Comment

There are certain sections of the core that have nothing in them but these areas are small. ;)

Yes your very lucky there Tatoruso as I've seen less stop them. :devil:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

And Mr. T it could still stop working yet. No more hard bus trips for that puppy!

Comment

you´re right in that, Dr., no more LANPartys far away...
                Thanx for the explaining there, Wiggo.:cheers:

Comment

Good luck with it. Do you have a back up? You might want to think about a replacement before it blows.

Comment

on the pluss side now the core will have more surface area so it can dissapate more heat, it should be better for overclocking :D

although the extra heat dissapated will be negligable.

Comment

Great sense of humor there Birdkiller. That must have been some bus ride to cause that damage.

Comment

This can happen to just about any computer on the way to a lan party right??? I mean how do you prevent something like this from happening, unless Tatoruso has just experienced one of the many downsides to having a lan party..........

Comment

if yet heatsink is on properly then it shouldnt happen, if its loose or on an angle then it will happen

Comment

You think it slipped off then? Is that what happened Mr. T?

Comment

unless he got a dragon orb or something that wieghs a tonn, beefy and i regularly take our computers an hours drive each way to the MorB lans, and i have a dragon orb, but its never broken it, its more likely to occur during removal or installation of the heatsink, ive seen that before, hey beefy? :D

Comment

Working...
                              X