• What is the meaning of this BIOS setting

Does anyone know the purpose of this setting:

SDRAM Frequency:
    (options)
    SPD = default
    HCLK = " the DRAM clock will be equal to the host clock "
    HCLK+33 = " the DRAM clock will be equal to the host clock plus 33MHz "
    HCLK-33 = " the DRAM clock will be equal to the host clock minus 33MHz "

HCLK - Forces the memory to run at the same speed as the FSB is set to.

HCLK +33 - Forces the memory to run at FSB speed plus 33MHz. Useful if you run a 133MHz system but want to take advantage of the 166MHz memory you just bought.

HCLK -33 - Forces the memory to run at FSB speed minus 33MHz. Useful if you are running memory that isn't capable of handling high speeds but a system that is. You can slow the memory speed down and still gain the benefits of overclocking without the memory crapping out on you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Thanks Darth :D

heres a couple more that go with that that I also don't understand , even from the manual. Variables in ( )

Row precharge time (2T or 3T)
      RAS Pulse width (6T or 5T)
      RAS to CAS delay (3T or 2T)
      Bank interleave (disabled , 2-way, 4-way)
      Burst length (4 QW or 8 QW)

Also should "Fast Command" be enabled or disabled ?

Comment

As a general rule, the xT commands are timing speeds. The lower numbers are usually the faster settings but not all memory can withstand the stress that this will cause. Try it and see.

The Bank Interleave command should be set to 4-way if your memory supports it (and I believe that yours will). It is a much more effective way to utilize the memory modules.

I can't say on the Burst Length command as I'm not familiar with this one...sorry.

The Fast Command setting is for a Command Timing of 1T. Many memory modules can't function at this setting, but if yours does well with it then it's a good way to get some free performance. Just give it a go and see what happens. Worst case will be a system lockdown where you have to reset the CMOS.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X