Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 with IDE and SATA drives

Hi,

I am newbie here. I have something to ask about proper setting with this motherboard.
    My rig:
    Motherboard Asrock 890gx Extreme 3
    Processor: Phenom II XII 555 BE unlockable to Phenom II X4 B50 (4 cores)
    RAM: Gskill F3 CL7 GBECO 2x2GB
    PSU: Enermax 565 VP
    Harddisk 1: Hitachi 250GB SATA 3.5"
    Harddisk 2: Hitachi 120 GB SATA 2.5"
    Harddisk 3: WD1200JB 3.5" IDE (using IDE/SATA to USB adapter)
    DVD ROM: Pioneer A120S IDE (using thermaltake silver river 5.25" USB)
    DVD RW: LG 4163B IDE (could not communicate properly using IDE/SATA to USB adapter)
    CDRW: Teac 5224 IDE (could not communicate properly using IDE/SATA to USB adapter)
    Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Those in bold are one problem. When I press eject button on the drives or through windows, the lamp indicator just blinking, but the tray would not open.
    Another problem: ATA devices (2 SATA disks) are recognized as primary and secondary IDE ATA in Windows devices. I select storage option as IDE on BIOS due to using AHCI causing looping restart.

Are there any suggestions/hints what to do?

Thanks
    Last edited by oncen; 08-31-2010, 05:03 AM.

Re: Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 with IDE and SATA drives

Updating bios to P2.4 does not solve the problem..

Comment

What a very quiet forum

Finally, in desperation, I dismantled the DVD burner (LG 4163B), and I found the chip which controls eject and spin function has burnt out in its pins. That's the end of the burner, I have to say goodbye to it.

Finally I bought a Liteon IHAS 124Y (SATA).

Comment

Dear Oncen,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for your two question to try on your side.
        For question 1, please kindly adjust "USB 2.0 support" and "Legacy USB support" to [Disable] under BIOS to try.
        ( BIOS/ Advanced/ USB Configuration)

For question 2, if you want to use AHCI mode, please set the SATA Operation Mode to [AHCI] under BIOS and then you need to reinstall the OS and install the AHCI driver, system will normally work in AHCI mode.

Best Wishes
        Sean

Comment

For the problem of DVDRW tray won't eject, solved by the replacement of DVDRW. I have dismantled the unit and inspect there is burnt pinout of controller chip that control the eject and load function.

For the AHCI function to be enabled, I have tweaked it through registry tweak, no reinstallation is necessary.

Btw thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X