Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-68S Sound Issue

Hi All,

I sure hope there are some techs out there that can assist me with a problem that is driving me barmy for the last few weeks.

I recently purchased a N-68S mother board along with 4 GB of DDR2 ram, AMD athlon proc, and 500GB WD HDD. I then installed windows 7 x64 on it and all seems to be running fine until I started watching a movie on it.

Windows media player would freeze and I got a terrible sound coming through the speakers pretty much like the sound you get when you touch the phono jacks while connected to the amplifier.

I initially thought that it was an OS problem so I installed vista x64 & x86 and the same with XP but the same fault continued. I then purchased a PCI sound card, fitted it and disabled the onboard audio but again the fault still continues. In fact the system itself has started to lock up now when the fault occurs and will either reboot by itself or requires turning off at the socket before restarting.

Like I said I have done all I can think of to identify the fault but with zero success, any advice or pointers would be greatly welcomed.

I have the latest bios and audio drivers installed but no joy.

Re: N-68S Sound Issue

Do the problems only happen when using WMP? Driver issue maybe.
    Asrock N68-S UCC VIA HD Audio Driver 7500F_HDMI for Win7

For the heck of it try a much better media play, IMO VLC Media Player.
    VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
    X