GTA Vice City! Looks like I spoke too soon about the getaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Vice City! Looks like I spoke too soon about the getaway

I was looking at the new screen shots for the new game comming out by the makers of GTA3 and they look sweet! You can check them out here. http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/fe.../gta_vicecity/ The game looks like it is going to ROCK! I guess I spoke too soon about the getaway!!! This new game has most of the features of the getaway and more! They totally designed the game engine from the ground up! and NO it is not just a sequel to GTA3!! It has a totally new city which looks like miami florida and the city is totally open from the start of the game. You can also go INTO the various shops and stores.....not just use them as a background! Go to the Official website here http://www.gtavicecity.com and use flash or html to view it, this site is pretty awesome in itself as it has you in a room with things going on outside like cars and people passing by and things you can click on to tell you more about the game! The characters have also been totally remodeled and the new character (Tommy Vercetti) is NOT like the old one! He is a totally different looking person than the one in GTA3. Also you get to RIDE a CHOPPER and when the character stops for example, he puts his legs down so he don't tip over. You will also do a lot of running through various buildings and hallways. The characters have been remodeled as well and are not the blocky looking characters in GTA3. You have more missions too. 100+ supposedly! As well as 120 different cars and 40 weapons!! This game will feature 8,000 voice overs and one is from the main actor who starred in goodfellas! (the young kid) It is going to be EXLUSIVELY for PS2 though. It has 9 hours of music on 10 radio stations. The game is set in the 1980's and looks like crocket and tubbs (maimi vice) would fit nicely in this game! By the way of the veichles, you also will have ferraris (I am hoping testerosas) as well as choppers and helicopters! The music itself will be 1980's though they are in the process now of ironing out the legal issues to putting tunes on the car radio with the ORIGINAL ARTISTS! All in all, looks to be the BEST game so far, if all goes as planned! I can't wait! Release date: October 22,2002! IF you have Qyuicktime installed on your computer, check out the quicktime trailer of vice city here! http://www.gtavicecity.com/trailerlarge.html It is cool!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Sounds great especially if it is really Miami! October is too far away.

Comment

Well the game is not set maimi florida, but the FICTIONAL city (Vice City) looks about the same! Also the cars I found out are not going to be named like the real ones, like a ferari testerosa for example, but the cars in the game resemble them! Also there will be a LOT of neon lights on the buildings themselves like miami has and the weather will look like florida!! So to tell you the truth I can't figure out what harm it would have done to just call the city miami and the cars by their real names!
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Their attorneys made them do it!

Comment

HE! HE! HE! You think??? I thought it might have been them wanting to create a new city with cars and all! Seriously though, I think that this game is going to ROCK! I also think it will beat the getaway..as awesome a game as it is..... hands down! That is quite an achivement because they could have sat back on their laurels and said "we created the best selling PS2 game of all time and now we are taking a break"......but that is not what they did, they went out and outdid what they had already established as a new dirver/shooter game! I wonder if this game will be as successful as the last with the competition like the getaway and mafia releasing their games just around the corner????
          Here are my specs:

Comment

only part that sux its for PS2 and not PC and ETA on PC is who knows.....:mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpowers
              only part that sux its for PS2 and not PC and ETA on PC is who knows.....:mad:

Yeah I know! I was hoping that a version for the PC would be made even though I have a PS2! There was something incredibly cool about being able to put whatever mp3 you wanted into the game
              and listen to it on your faavorite radio station! (GTA3 PC version) Who knows? Mabye they will make a PC version later on though!
              Here are my specs:

Comment

hehe, I know I am the last person ion the face of the earth (that owns a computer and/or PS2) that has not played GAIII. hehe, (in monotone homer voice) must wait till price drops...will not pay 50 dollars for linear one time through game...no matter how awesome....me want!

Comment

Working...
                X