ATI Crossfire and Nvidia SLI on ASRock M3A770DE + ETC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Crossfire and Nvidia SLI on ASRock M3A770DE + ETC

I was planning on buying an ASRock M3A770DE motherboard and it has the crossfire capable technology but I was planning on putting an Nvidia GTS 450 in and then putting a second one down the road. So I was wondering since it has crossfire will SLI work as well? Also on the specs it says it has 2 PCIex X16 but then it says the green one is X16 and the orange is X4 so is one X16 and one X4 or will the X4 be a X16 with 2 X16 cards? Hope that isn't too confusing. One last thing on the website it says the board supports DDR3 1600 but on other sites it says it supports DDR3 2000 just curious which it is. Well if anyone had a second or even third motherboard in mind that might work better please include that to. Alright hope you can help me thanks for your patience.

Re: ATI Crossfire and Nvidia SLI on ASRock M3A770DE + ETC

I'm sorry i just put a general discussion on the tech page sorry.

Comment

i've got that board and it ONLY supports crossfire. you can install an nvidia card but no sli. the top slot works at x16 speed and the bottom is x4.

Comment

No Sli on this board only crossfire enabled with 2 ati based cards only.

and only DDR3 1600 mem support only.

All AMD based boards are crossfire based not sli..... you may need a Nvidia based chipset for this or intel based system.

Comment

Even if u'll crossfire ur cards i'll say it is such a waste. from what i got based on the website it translates: by running a single card one may utilize a x16 slot, and the cards will be running on x4 in crossfire mode. the performance may lower (not really see a difference) by crossfiring or 'tis better to buy another better card running at single mode in x16 slot. and that board isn't capable of SLI

Comment

Working...
          X